APAC Social Media Editor, Quicktake
Posted Jun 14, 2022 - Requisition No. 104439
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Quicktake to New Economy.
Bloomberg’s Quicktake is seeking a social media editor with experience in social video creation and distribution. You will be responsible for identifying top stories and social trends, monitoring news and live events, and developing innovative ways to showcase content using video across our various platforms. You should be able to quickly identify the most important global stories and edit short-form video content made specifically for each of our platforms. You will also be required to manage posting and monitor analytics for specific social media platforms.
You’ll need to be incredibly in tune with our audience and understand the most effective ways to boost engagement, views and follower growth. You will be responsible for managing social content production and distribution and should have a deep knowledge of how to write for a social audience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage Quicktake's social media accounts (Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Apple News, Snapchat, TikTok…)
- Occasionally produce and edit engaging video content for each platform
- Identify, monitor and cover breaking news, live events and top global stories
- Pitch creative story ideas that will resonate with your audience
- Create social distribution plans around video series, OTT shows, and big events like Olympics or summits
- Work with Bloomberg reporters
- Train producers and editors in social media best practices
- Establish a trustworthy, informative and consistent voice on the platform
You’ll need to have:
- 7+ years of proven experience as a social media editor in a digital news environment
- Experience covering breaking news; strong editorial judgement
- Exceptional writing and copy-editing skills
- A love for news and a wide knowledge of topics in business, culture, politics, and technology
- Video editing experience using Adobe Premiere Pro
- Experience using social analytics tools to inform strategy and decisions
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we’re a good match. Feel free to include a portfolio of your best work samples and social media handles, if any, in your application. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.