APAC Tax Compliance Representative - Hong Kong
Posted Mar 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 101443
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
The Bloomberg Indirect Tax team is part of Global Bloomberg LP Accounting Operations. The team is responsible for ensuring Bloomberg files accurate and timely VAT/GST returns and WHT returns for countries within the APAC region. The VAT/GST and WHT returns are prepared and submitted either in-house or through advisors and local bookkeepers that act on behalf of Bloomberg.
In addition to compliance, the team is also responsible for (i) ensuring Bloomberg satisfies any requirements based on emerging country VAT developments; (ii) providing indirect tax support to other parts of the business; (iii) getting involved with indirect tax process/systems projects; and (iv) reconciling the VAT/GST and WHT accounts.
What’s in it for you?
You will be part of a collaborative and dynamic Indirect Tax team. You will report directly to the APAC Regional Controller. Your primary responsibility will be to prepare VAT/GST returns and WHT returns for several countries and work with the LBK in the preparation and submission of timely returns. You will also work on operational indirect tax projects that will improve the quality of source data and reporting efficiency and provide indirect tax assistance and support to the wider business.
We’ll trust you to:
- Prepare VAT/GST/WHT returns and related VAT/GST/WHT compliance filings for Bloomberg’s operations across multiple jurisdictions. Duties will include extracting and reconciling relevant data from financial reporting systems, liaising with colleagues in tax and finance teams and other parts of the business and preparing draft VAT/GST/WHT return calculations
- Prepare periodic (monthly/quarterly/annual) indirect tax financial reporting, forecasting and reconciliations, which involves extracting and analysing data from relevant systems and reports
- Work with external advisors to ensure the accurate and timely submission of indirect tax returns and related compliance filings
- Ensure that all indirect tax filing deadlines are in compliance with the tax requirement
- Conduct research on APAC indirect tax related queries and assist with responding to these queries from other parts of the business
- Monitor and implement any country VAT/GST rate and rule changes specific to Bloomberg's business
- Assist with tax audit and other tax related projects such as implementing VAT process change
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of relevant experience in a finance function
- Experience using financial reporting systems e.g. SAP
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
You’ll need to have:
We’d love to see:
- Indirect tax compliance experience, preferably in-house within a large multinational corporation
- Knowledge of APAC VAT/GST legislation
- Ability to thrive in a fast moving and constantly changing environment
- Strong collaboration skills with both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong time management skills to meet various deadlines
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.