The Studio is Bloomberg's in-house creative group. We work on assignments for digital, print, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects. The Studio has outstanding writing, design, production and content capabilities. Our creative team has a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both campaign concept development and graphic design systems. The team ensures ideas are realized to world class standard execution. The Studio drives projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, rolling out campaigns both internally and externally. The team works across a global workflow, with staff in all our major offices.
The Studio within Bloomberg’s marketing organization is looking for a versatile graphic designer that exhibits superb problem solving, design, and production skills to tackle day-to-day assignments.
The role is responsible for the accuracy, quality, and development of final creative files for print and digital deliverables. The designer must be able to effectively manage multiple active projects to meet tight deadlines and be able to implement revisions quickly and accurately.
We’ll trust you to
- Design for digital advertising, event experiences, printed materials, and social content
- Build design guidelines
- Efficiently execute a high volume of sales collateral projects from start to finish in a fast-paced environment
- Be forward-thinking in your approach that raises concerns and proposes solutions when taking on assignments
- Work in line with campaign style guides across different formats while preserving creative continuity
- Accurately make client and proofreader editorial revisions from annotated PDFs; raise concerns when need
You need to be able to
- Work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced environment, “do-it-all” attitude with ability to take on both large and small tasks.
- Show an expert knowledge of print production and digital prepress processes
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop), Microsoft Office
- Demonstrate experience in Sketch, Sketch Up, Wordpress or other CMS a plus
- Focus on typography and creative problem-solving
- Review own work for quality control against client’s request
- Receive and implement art direction through layout revisions
- Keep current with production and design trends
- Work within and expand upon a dynamic and defined visual/brand system
- Demonstrate experience in photographic selection, cropping and minor retouching is essential
- Mock-up concepts for presentation, both digitally and physically
- Demonstrate strong printing/prepress skills with the ability to create and review file image quality, color space accuracy and proper mechanical set up prior to releasing for final printing
- Maintain and follow consistent server organization and file naming conventions of existing structure and process
- Work on both PC and Mac platforms; design will be on the Mac
- Demonstrate a strong track record both as an individual contributor and as a key member of a team
- Demonstrate strong communication skills
- Work in a high volume and fast paced environment
- Manage your own project schedules and job ownership to meet deadlines
We’d love to see
- 5+ years’ experience in production and graphic design
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience in working within Workfront a plus
- B2B experience
- Knowledge of institutional financial services
- Prior in-house creative services, studio, non-profit, museum, educational experience preferred
- BFA/BS degree required, preferably an art/design degree with a focus in marketing, graphic design, visual, fine or commercial arts, or related field
If that sounds like you
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps. Please send us your Portfolio in PDF with your latest resume for us to review.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.