API Support Specialist - Enterprise Technology Services - Hong Kong
Posted Sep 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 95237
Who we are:
Innovation in technology continues to increase at an outstanding rate, and no more so than in the capital markets in the midst of a seismic transformation with technology at the heart of every business decision. As the dynamic continues to shift from the desktop to the enterprise, technology is enabling firms to significantly reduce their cost through workflow automation, artificial intelligence, and machine to machine interaction.
Bloomberg remains at the forefront of this transformation by providing a unique value proposition: we combine technology products developed specifically for capital markets with industry leading expertise necessary for the future Bloomberg customer.
What do we do?
Enterprise Technology are responsible for the design, delivery, and ongoing support for firms wishing to outsource their connectivity and integration to Bloomberg. We have successfully delivered both tactical and enterprise-wide solutions to both the buy-side and sell-side firms and pride ourselves in our quality, rapid time to market, and ability to solve for the most comprehensive and challenging workflows.
What’s the role?
As a member of the Enterprise Technology Services group, you're vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and workflows. Working as part of a global team of financial technology support specialists, you will be responsible for servicing the production needs of our customers. You’ll be strategically focused on the overall customer experience as well as developing a strong relationship with them, from handling production support issues through to proactive engagements with existing clients.
Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about offering excellent service, and empowered by a collaborative spirit. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver who doesn't shy away from taking on new challenges, and thrive on change. You love being a great teammate and are someone who clients can count on every day. We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn, and deliver the best service possible.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues for our global clients’ production environments, with an emphasis on API
- Work closely with technical and operations contacts at client firms to help resolve & prevent issues that may impact their businesses
- Operate as a specialist on API-related matters, both for our clients and internal teams, including within Enterprise Technology Services and account management
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement the future system and product changes
- Partner with Account Management in our buy-side business to provide proactive engagements with our client base
- Identify opportunities to implement and drive adoption of self-service solutions to meet client needs
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing position providing end-to-end technical troubleshooting in networks, connectivity, and messaging
- Demonstrated experience working with APIs across a scripting language or programming language (i.e Shell, Perl, Python, .NET, Java or C++)
- Hands-on experience with Web Services (e.g. REST, SOAP, or XML)
- Demonstrated interest in and willingness to learn more about the financial markets
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to maintain a professional demeanour when handling complex and time-sensitive issues
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems/Technology, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to communicate across multiple stakeholder groups with strong written and oral English skills
We’d love to see:
- Ability to communicate across multiple stakeholder groups with strong written and oral Mandarin skills
- A basic understanding of financial markets
- Experience in UNIX and Linux operating systems and support
- Experience with IT Service Management or client relationship management
- Experience with data transformation using XML/XSLTs
- Exposure or certified practitioner in vendor cloud technology i.e AWS, Azure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.