API Support Specialist - Enterprise Technology Services - Hong Kong
Posted Sep 9, 2021 - Requisition No. 95237
Bloomberg delivers critical information in a world where information matters. We give influential decision makers in business, finance and government an edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of news, people and ideas. To do that, we need a constant flow of ideas, energy, innovation—which is where you come in. At Bloomberg, you will have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks.
Who we are:
Innovation in technology continues to increase at an unprecedented rate and no more so than in capital markets with the industry in the midst of a seismic transformation with technology at the heart of every business decision. As the dynamic continues to shift from the desktop to the enterprise, technology is enabling firms to significantly reduce their cost through workflow automation, artificial intelligence, and machine to machine interaction.
Bloomberg remains at the forefront of this transformation by providing a unique value proposition: we combine technology products developed specifically for capital markets with industry leading expertise necessary for the future Bloomberg customer operating in capital markets.
What do we do?
Enterprise Technology is responsible for the design, delivery, and ongoing support for firms wishing to outsource their connectivity and integration to Bloomberg. We have successfully delivered both tactical and enterprise-wide solutions to both the buy-side and sell-side firms. We pride ourselves in our quality, rapid time to market, and ability to solve for the most comprehensive and challenging workflows.
What’s the role?
As a member of the Enterprise Technology Services group, you're vital in maintaining technological stability and mitigating financial risk for our clients across their Bloomberg solutions and workflows. Working as part of a global team of financial technology support specialists, you will be responsible for servicing the production needs of our customers. You’ll be strategically focused on the overall customer experience as well as developing a strong relationship with them, from handling production support issues through to proactive engagements with existing clients.
As you will be part of a client facing team in Asia, you will be supporting a variety of technologies and data specifications between Bloomberg and external systems including SWIFT, FIX, XML, MQ, and in particular, APIs. As an API Specialist, you will build a deep understanding of our clients' needs regarding our APIs in order to facilitate communication between them and the broader production support team to minimize time to resolution. You will also serve as a key resource for the team regarding our APIs, providing training where necessary. You will work closely with our engineers, solution architects, and product development in uncovering opportunities, managing production releases, and positioning enhancements.
Who You Are:
You come to work with a purpose, passionate about offering excellent service, and empowered by a collaborative spirit. Someone that is naturally curious, a strong problem solver, and doesn't shy away from taking on new challenges and thrive on change. You love being a great teammate and are someone who clients can count on every day. We encourage you to challenge the status quo and support your colleagues to innovate, learn, and deliver the best service possible.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze and solve issues for our global clients’ production environments, with an emphasis on API in order to identify opportunities to implement & drive adoption of self-service solutions to meet client needs
- Operate as a specialist on API-related matters for our clients and internal teams, including within Enterprise Technology and account management, in order to ensure smooth client experience
- Work closely with technical and operations contacts at client firms to help resolve & prevent issues that may impact their businesses
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement the future system and product changes
- Partner with account management in our buy-side business on projects and initiatives to provide proactive engagements with our client base
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience in a customer-facing position providing technical troubleshooting in networks, connectivity, or messaging
- Demonstrated experience working with APIs across a scripting language or programming language (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python, .NET, Java, or C++)
- Demonstrated experience with Web Services (e.g. REST, SOAP, or XML)
- Demonstrated interest in and willingness to learn more about the financial markets
- Experience consulting and building detailed knowledge of the technical needs of clients, including being able to communicate on complex technical issues
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage time, and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate across multiple stakeholder groups with strong written and oral English skills
We’d love to see:
- A basic understanding of financial markets
- Experience in UNIX and Linux operating systems and support
- Experience with IT Service Management or client relationship management
- Experience with data transformation using XML/XSLTs
- Exposure to vendor cloud technology e.g. AWS, Azure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.