Analyst - Hydrogen Demand (6-month contract)
Posted Nov 24, 2023 - Requisition No. 121768
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is a strategic research provider covering global commodity markets and the disruptive technologies driving the transition to a low-carbon economy. We help our clients gain a clear perspective on the trends in technology, finance, policy and economics that are driving transformation across the energy value chain. Our expert coverage assesses pathways for the power, transport, industry, buildings and agriculture sectors to adapt to the energy transition. We help commodity trading, corporate strategy, finance and policy professionals navigate change and generate opportunities. BNEF has 250 staff based in 19 offices across the globe.
The BNEF hydrogen team is looking to hire a six-month contractor to gather data and produce research on the markets and applications for clean hydrogen, including work on technologies, policy, financing, companies and markets.
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
We will trust you to:
- Design and develop models for estimating the costs of hydrogen derived chemicals and fuels.
- Collect hydrogen offtake contract data through online research and phone interviews
- Gather and organize data sets on hydrogen demand
- Carry out quantitative analysis, market sizing, and forecasting
We’ll need you to:
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for the energy transition
- Be organized and detail-oriented when doing research
- Have excellent critical thinking and strong quantitative skills
- Have advanced Excel skills and experience building Excel models
- Have fluent English and good communication skills: writing (for research projects) and speaking (for presentations)
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work rate and ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Work closely with other teams at BloombergNEF, including our Data, Industry Decarbonization, Transport and Natural Gas sector teams
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.?
Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg