Asia Conglomerates, Media and Telecommunications Reporter
Posted Mar 7, 2019 - Requisition No. 73993
Bloomberg News is seeking an ambitious and self-motivated journalist to cover some of the biggest businesses in Hong Kong. As part of the Asia Conglomerates, Media and Telecommunications team, the successful candidate will cover the tycoons and dynasties that drive commerce in Hong Kong, with scope to also report on China and the wider region.
We're seeking an experienced reporter, preferably with a track record of reporting on Hong Kong business and the empire-builders and companies that make the city tick -- from the colonial trading houses to richest man Li Ka-shing and his family. You'll need to both relish breaking news and be capable of looking at the beat thematically, with view to writing big-picture, feature stories. We want someone who can think creatively, zero in on compelling stories and tackle coverage in a way that engages with and is mindful of our wide and diverse global audience.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate and craft content, both short and long-form, that demonstrates a strong storytelling ability and understanding of what our readers are passionate about
- Have (or demonstrate ability to develop) company, industry and market sources so that you can be first to break important news developments, report on the biggest themes of the day and generate compelling enterprise stories
- File copy that is accurate and insightful; and be adept at utilizing multiple formats, including graphics
- Collaborate closely with colleagues within the team, the region and across the globe
You will need to have:
- At least 3-5 years journalism experience
- Previous financial reporting experience, preferably covering companies
- The ability to report/write in a real-time news environment
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Strong written and spoken English
- Fluency in Cantonese and/or Mandarian is preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.blpcareers.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.