Associate Producer (6 Month Contract) - Hong Kong
Posted Oct 31, 2022 - Requisition No. 111030
Bloomberg TV is seeking an Associate Producer to join our Asia-Pacific team, based in Hong Kong. You will report to the Senior Producer and work on teams putting together eight hours of live weekday shows from Asia to the Middle East and across our global network.
The ability to quickly grasp and distil complex information with a eye for the visual is vital. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to multitask and juggle priorities in response to news. Interest in markets, finance and economics is essential.
We'll Trust You To:
- Have strong news judgement and thrive under the pressure of the control room environment.
- Write scripts, create video/graphics to support storytelling and take charge of elements during our live broadcasts.
- Assist the line producer in the control room.
- Pitch stories and guests.
- Be a team-player, with strong communication skills to work with a global team across Asia-Pacific, U.S. and EMEA.
- Be flexible with working hours to accommodate production schedules.
You will need to have:
- A Bachelor's degree or at least three years of TV production and/or journalism experience
- Ability to work under the pressure of breaking news
- Fluency in written and verbal English communication
- Flexibility in working hours
We would Love to See:
- Knowledge of the region's business environment and financial markets would be an advantage.
- Experience in field work or long-form programmes would also be a plus.
If this sounds like you:
Apply, and we'll get in touch and let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.
*Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.