BI Research Analyst (6 Month Contract)
Posted May 10, 2021 - Requisition No. 90653
Companies are the backbone of the stock and bond markets. Bloomberg Intelligence ("BI") conducts in-depth research on large and midsize companies to help stock and bond investors effectively evaluate those companies. We analyse the unique attributes of each business, how it competes against other companies in its industry and how the business strategies and successes translate into financial results. Our analysts also research the technology, regulation, litigation and economies that will shape the environment for these companies and the related industry impact.
BI research is a combination of written analysis accompanied by interactive charting and analytics created from company reported data as well as industry and government data. Analysts review, check and curate this data into comprehensive and logically arranged dashboards to support their own research and to provide Bloomberg Terminal users a platform to view and analyse the data as well.
Bloomberg Intelligence has an opening for a Industrial Analyst / China Property Analyst in our Hong Kong office. This Analyst will help manage our coverage of the APAC Infrastructure sector, driving our data and analysis for our research platform for this industry. This analyst will identify relevant industry data, partnering globally with internal departments to determine the scope, data capture process and quality control of new data, and configuring meaningful information for display will be essential. Important ongoing responsibilities also include:
- Conducting industry analysis on a thematic, timely and topical basis.
- Preparing written reports, including Industry Primer, Themes & Scenario analysis.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with colleagues, corporates and external market professionals.
- 5-10 years experience working as an Equity Research Analyst covering the APAC Industrial sector.
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices and procedures of Finance/ Accounting.
- Solid experience interpreting financial statements and performing quantitative financial analysis.
- Outstanding written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline preferred or equivalent work experience.
- CFA designation and/or MBA degree will be an added advantage
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.