Bloomberg Customer Support - Team Leader, Hong Kong
Posted Aug 10, 2023 - Requisition No. 118066
Bloomberg ignites the power of information and technology to bring clarity to a sophisticated world. A global financial information and news leader that provides influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company delivers data, news and analytics through innovative technology and provides real time financial information to more than 325,000 subscribers globally.
Are you passionate about working in financial markets and by the prospect of providing technical support for the world's leading financial professionals? If so, join the Bloomberg Customer Support team, which is a key part of our Technology Services & Solutions business.
What’s the role?
In Bloomberg Customer Support, we have two critical focus areas: to provide superb customer service to a broad range of clients, and ensure the fast and effective management of various client workflows and hardware/software issues.
As a Bloomberg Customer Support (BCS) team leader, you will work towards developing a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and places a high value on providing quality customer service. Striving for excellence in team effectiveness, customer satisfaction and interdepartmental relations is at the heart of this position.
We'll trust you to focus on the below 2 core areas as part of this role:
- Hire and develop a team of highly successful individuals to deliver excellent customer service
- Promote diversity and create an inclusive environment for the team
- Empower your team to innovate and challenge the status quo on how to best solve client issues
- Ensure that your team's performance is on track to meet departmental goals across multiple metric categories, such as productivity and quality
Customer Service and Strategy
- Create customer service strategies to support Hong Kong's specific business needs, for example taking on proactive outbound calls to new clients in need of account activation
- Working alongside your regional manager, set a clear vision and deliverables from these strategies and guide your team to effectively execute against them
- Work closely with other departments, such as Financial Products, to understand where BCS can take on business critical projects, such as partnering with Sales to support potential sales leads
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of working experience in customer service or a similar role that engages with internal or external clients
- Experience in building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders both externally and internally
- Demonstrated experience working in a team to achieve a common goal, plus a motivation to lead and develop a team
- Experience managing and leading a project from start to finish
- Hands-on experience using the Bloomberg product suite
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Ability to communicate across multiple stakeholder groups
- Strong presentation and communication skills in English and any APAC languages, preferably Cantonese
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.?