Bloomberg Data, Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) Team Leader - Hong Kong
Posted Jun 13, 2022 - Requisition No. 104376
At Bloomberg, our products are fuelled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. Our Data department is responsible for delivering reported and derived data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The importance of human capital, compensation structures, and diversity are critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. ESG data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis. At Bloomberg, ESG data is displayed alongside fundamental data, backed by news for context, and used to power a growing suite of Sustainable Finance products.
As a team, we are responsible for reporting and enhancing ESG-related content for the Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise products, including company-reported and normalised metrics, industry-specific metrics, proprietary ESG scores, and the Gender-Equality Index (GEI). Joining the Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data, providing accurate, immediate insights for financial market professionals. Business leaders rely on the real-time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service, and your passion and expertise will have a tremendous impact on our growing product offering.
Bloomberg is well known for the quality and comparability of its company disclosed ESG data. We will be expanding our scores coverage universe from 4,500 to 15,000 companies and investing in new ESG databases and services to ensure strong data collection, storage, retrieval and discoverability.
To this extent, we are looking for a Team Leader to lead our expanding ESG product. In this role, you'll be responsible for managing a team of ESG Data Analysts & Specialists. Your team will be entrusted to set standards that will ensure quality and timely delivery of content while also growing our data offering. Your team will have a specific responsibility in APAC for the Bloomberg ESG Scores, Gender Equality Index (GEI), and project management to help support the migration to a new workflow tool. The team will work closely with Core Product, Enterprise, Sales, Bloomberg Intelligence, Engineering and Data teams globally.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage a team of ESG Data Analysts & Specialists who will serve as the primary leads for implementation of product initiatives, setting standards, ensuring high-quality data and liaising with stakeholders
- Set group direction and strategy while communicating a clear vision to your department, and other key stakeholders
- Collaborate with global counterparts to evolve the role, workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness across regions
- Work closely with Product & Sales to evaluate feedback and drive prioritisation of data initiatives such as our ESG Scoring Initiative.
- Set a strategy to recruit, retain, and develop top talent within your team and global counterparts
You’ll need to have:
- 1-4 years of direct or indirect leadership experience (for example leading projects, mentoring people, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in the ESG space, including ESG landscape and ESG data workflow
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics/business intelligence applications (such as QlikSense or Tableau) and programming languages (such as Excel, SQL, Python, VBA, MATLAB or Regex)
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Well-honed listening skills, allowing you to draw the understanding of your team and clients’ needs
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Vision to align your team's goals around our Business Plan and other internal/external clients, and the ability to execute a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- The ability to take a creative and flexible approach to problem-solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
- Demonstrated experience working globally with peers to continuously evaluate business operations and strategy
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of financial data, including its landscape and players
We'd love to see:
- A Master's degree in Sustainability, Finance, Business, Accounting, or Professional Certifications like CFA, CAIA etc.
- Experience or knowledge in Company Financials
- Experience or strong interest in financial modelling
- Experience using technology to solve business problems
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.