Bloomberg Intelligence - Analyst - Coal & Utilities APAC
Posted Mar 16, 2022 - Requisition No. 101497
Bloomberg Intelligence provides comprehensive views on industries and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis on 135 industries and 2,000 companies, industry data, and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving investment and corporate professionals deep insights into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of an expanding team responsible for conducting analysis on a periodic and topical basis and authoring research on companies within coal and utilities sectors. You are entrusted to produce and commercialize high quality and timely content.
We'll trust you to:
- Leverage your knowledge of coal and utilities sectors to actively create research on a regular basis. Knowledge of the related energy sector is a plus.
- Monitor, interpret and react to major company developments, and identify macro themes and trends.
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews.
- Work closely with our global team of Bloomberg Intelligence analysts to coordinate and collaborate on analysis.
- Develop and maintain relationships with investors, industry and market professionals, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies.
- Participate and initiate marketing events like webinars, round-tables and conferences to commercialize research ideas.
- Work with Global Data teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies.
- A minimum of 3 years of equity research experience, specializing in coal and utilities sectors.
- Experience in a sell-side research analysis role.
- Experience in financial modeling and interpreting financial statements .
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting.
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills in English and Mandarin.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- Strong organization skills, and capable of prioritizing and handling multiple projects.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
You need to have:
We'd love to see:
- CFA designation
Does this sound like you?
Apply via our careers website! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate and are inclusive of age, disability, colour, gender, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion and belief, parental or caring status, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, sexual orientation, veteran status.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.