Bloomberg Intelligence - Japanese Translator (6 months contract), Hong Kong
Posted Aug 20, 2018 - Requisition No. 67105
Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Intelligence "BI" takes that data and creates insight which drives financial markets. Our team of experts generates valuable written analysis, industry data, interactive charting, and functions which are published on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work gives trading and investment professionals deep insight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
The BI team is looking for a Japanese translator/editor to join our team in Hong Kong. We’re looking for a dynamic individual who thrives in a fast paced, deadline driven environment. You’ll be responsible for the translation and editing of investment research. We need your help to expand our Bloomberg Intelligence research to a larger market of Japanese speakers.
We'll trust you to have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Translating/editing experiences in global investment research including fixed income, commodities, equities and strategy
- Comprehensive knowledge of international financial markets
- Strong English to Japanese and Japanese to English translation skills
- Strong organization skills, and ability to meet deadlines
An independent working style but also thrive well in a team environment
We'd love to see:
- Experience in translating/editing research written in Japanese
- Experience in working with the Kyodo Stylebook
- Relevant experience in a business news service
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg Professional service
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, do check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.