Bloomberg Intelligence- Senior Analyst- Pharmaceutical & Biotech - Hong Kong
Posted Jun 30, 2022 - Requisition No. 104966
Bloomberg runs on data. Bloomberg Intelligence "BI" takes that data and creates insight which drives financial markets. Our team of experts generates valuable written analysis, interactive charting, and functions which are published on the Bloomberg Terminal. Our work gives trading and investment professionals foresight into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next.
Who we are:
Bloomberg Intelligence provides a comprehensive view of an industry and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry and company levels. With in-depth data and analysis from 350+ research professionals on 2,000+ companies, 135+ industries and 21 markets, Bloomberg covers the macro picture down to the operating, financial and valuation information at the company level.
What's in it for you:
You would be part of this fast-growing team responsible for conducting analysis on a periodic and topical basis and authoring research on companies within the biotech sector, with a focus on the China market a plus.
You are entrusted to deliver high quality and timely content while also growing our data offering. You shall collaborate with other research analysts regionally and globally to help clients make more informed decisions in the rapidly moving investment landscape.
We'll trust you to:
- Work closely with our global team of analysts located in London, New York and Hong Kong to coordinate and collaborate on analysis.
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting the industries.
- Manage earnings cycle, including previews and reviews.
- Collaborate with other research product teams, including Legal, Government, Credit and ESG for company specific and thematic analysis.
- Interact with investors, industry contacts, investor relations personnel, and senior management at target companies.
- Work with Fundamentals & Economic Statistics teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal departments and external market professionals.
You’ll need to have:
- At least 8 years of equity research experience specialising in the biotech sector
- Experience in a sell-side or buy side research analysis role
- Experience in interpreting financial statements and financial modelling
- Advanced degree/qualification in life sciences.
- Scientific knowledge to analyze early-stage biotech companies.
- Strong grasp of the drug approval regulatory process.
- Knowledge of advanced concepts, practices, and procedures of finance and accounting.
- Exceptional primary research and writing skills.
- Self-starter, independent thinker and collaborative team player.
- Strong organisation skills and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Fluency in written and verbal English communication
- Demonstrated continuous career growth in a role within an organisation
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime, check out http://www.bloomberg.com/professional/bloomberg-intelligence/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.