Bloomberg Live Senior Programming Director – APAC
Posted Jun 27, 2019 - Requisition No. 75795
You're a well-respected journalist with an entrepreneurial streak. You are excited by the idea of conceptualizing and leading live editorial events in Asia-Pacific for Bloomberg Live. You are a creative thinker, an innovator, and a team player. As Senior Programming Director for Bloomberg Live events, you will work closely with the Global Editor to develop sophisticated, newsmaking programming that enhances Bloomberg's editorial mission, burnishes our brand in the marketplace and is commercially successful. In this role, you'll work closely with Bloomberg’s editorial teams across various platforms.
We'll trust you to:
- Conceive of live events in unique and compelling ways to differentiate Bloomberg from its competitors and showcase Bloomberg’s talent drawn from across our editorial platforms.
- Work closely with our editorial partners across Bloomberg to conceive of the editorial vision of each event, identify the appropriate speakers and secure them to appear on stage.
- Create proposals for newsworthy and interesting new events; respond to Requests for Proposals from sales to ensure the events are consistent with Bloomberg's editorial mission, can attract the target audience and are newsworthy.
- Be prepared to work with potential sponsors to develop editorially relevant and financially successful content while upholding Bloomberg's editorial integrity guidelines.
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of eight years of journalism or equivalent experience
- A proven track record in developing high-concept or buzz-worthy panels or feature stories, utilizing top global executives or newsmakers
- Strong knowledge of international business news, particularly in areas of finance, technology, policy and politics, and economics
- Open to new commercial models
- A strong external network of newsmakers that can be relied on for ideas, bookings, and expanded relationships
- Creativity and innovation in all formats and concepts
- That intangible quality that shows you are a force of nature. You are able to harness the organization generating action and enthusiasm.
- The ability to juggle multiple assignments with good time management skills.
- Experience booking for television and radio preferred
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.