Bloomberg Workplace Design Manager – Hong Kong (12 months contract)
Posted Sep 29, 2023 - Requisition No. 120374
As Bloomberg continues to evolve our innovative workspaces, our Global Design team has an open contract position for a Senior Project Architect/ Senior Interior Designer / Workplace Design Lead based in Hong Kong, with responsibilities within the APAC region and reporting into the Global Head of Design. The role offers a unique client-side opportunity and the privilege to work both in (and on) some of the most unique office fit-outs in the world. You will select and work closely with best-in-class architects practices, to deliver projects with Capital Project and Facilities managers, as part of a truly global team. Please note this is a full time 12-months maternity cover position, with the possibility of extending beyond that initial term.
We’ll trust you to:
- Take on Design Management in the APAC region with regional leadership responsibility.
- Maintain a high standard to look and feel of all Bloomberg environments, including where architecture meets MEP, AV, IT and other building systems.
- Support workplace management teams in developing design solutions for business requirements, including drawing production or management of drawing production as required.
- Collaborate and conduct peer reviews with our internal global design team to continually develop and implement design standards and library and develop our workplace design strategy to ensure the Bloomberg workplace is continuously innovating
For Capital Projects:
- Design Management of complex external consultant teams consisting of Architects, Engineers and specialists, working closely with Project Management team.
- Ownership of design portion of Capital Delivery including workplace design strategy, templates and process.
- Ownership of all design consultant design output.
- Ownership of end product of Capital Delivery Process.
- Develop and deliver architectural briefs to Architectural teams/consultants based on collection of business and stakeholder requirements.
- Manage the design consultant’s architectural design process from appointment to sign off.
- Implement/utilize global protocols, templates in Capital delivery process.
- For Operational/Facilities Projects: Provide design input and/or solutions as required for the maintenance and improvements of our office portfolio.
- Adopt our Agile methodology to workflow management and take ownership over select products.
- Maintain the photos and digital library.
- Implement and develop the Process templates and protocols library.
- Join the workplace design strategy task group to develop Bloomberg’s approach to workplace design.
- Travel as required, mainly within the APAC region.
You need to have:
- Minimum 7-10 years* of relevant experience as a qualified architect/interior architect or architectural design background.
- A strong, professional portfolio of workplace projects and relevant sectors demonstrating experience in both leadership and individual input
- High standards of personal and professional integrity.
- Sophisticated organizational skills and be a pro-active collaborator.
- Articulate communicator, with well-developed presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A flexible, strategic approach to working effectively under pressure and with a sense of urgency.
- Knowledge of compliance and code requirements for design and construction in the Hong Kong
- Creative problem-solving abilities.
- Design approach that offers a balance of creative and technical aspects within a corporate environment.
- Well-developed sense for aesthetics in design for graphics and environments.
- A process-oriented approach to carrying out tasks.
- Experience in architectural design including MEP and complex technical building systems, with a focus on interiors.
- An understanding of of current workplace design and strategy trends, and history of architectural design, furniture, materials
- Required software skills: AutoCAD, Adobe, Office packages at a minimum with Revit optional.
- Proficiency in English, with the ability to read, write, speak, and present in a clear and professional manner
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.
*Contract will be administered by third-party vendor as a dispatched worker arrangement with Bloomberg.