BloombergNEF - Solar Analyst - Hong Kong (3 month contract)
Posted Jun 16, 2021 - Requisition No. 91510
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our solar team in Hong Kong to write primary research on the solar supply chain.
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don't rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
At BloombergNEF (BNEF), we help our clients gain a clear perspective on the technologies and financial, economic and policy trends driving the energy transformation. BNEF is online, on mobile and on the Terminal. We are a subscription service providing research and analysis to key stakeholders across the energy value chain. For more information about BNEF, go to https://about.bnef.com/.
You will be based in our Hong Kong office, working as part of a global research team at BloombergNEF (BNEF) – the world's leading independent provider of analysis, tools, data and research to decision makers leading change in the energy system. Our data-driven research helps clients stay on top of developments across the energy sector, supported by the unique depth and breadth of the Bloomberg Terminal and bnef.com platforms.
The solar team spends most of its time reviewing the crystalline silicon module manufacturing industry although we also cover alternative technologies when appropriate. The team produces research for clients across industry, government and finance. We work closely with our colleagues focused on metals and mining, electrified transport and decentralized energy to quantify the impact of these technologies on their respective sectors and to identify any barriers or bottlenecks. This includes tracking investment flows and supply relationships, understanding the underlying economics of manufacturing processes, analyzing policy, and covering company activities and business strategies.
BloombergNEF (BNEF) is seeking a highly-motivated talent to join our research team in Hong Kong for a three-month program. The successful candidate will work closely with our solar supply chain analyst and help updating our knowledge and understanding of solar manufacturing.
We will trust you to:
- Conduct research on photovoltaic manufacturing industry
- Gather and organise data sets
- Speak with industry figures and BNEF clients to gather information and opinions
We'll need you to:
- Demonstrate an interest and enthusiasm for the renewable energy industry
- Take initiative and be creative in coming up with new data collection methods
- Have good spoken and written communications skills
- Act as a self-starter, have a high work-rate and have the ability to work on parallel tasks with attention to detail
- Derive information from public sources and in-person / telephone interviews
- Have working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office applications
We would love for you to have:
- A keen eye for details and the curiosity to pursue data persistently through phone calls, emails and internet research
- A degree in engineering, economics, finance or a science
- Ability to read, write and speak Mandarin Chinese
- Additional Asian languages
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: