Breaking News Editor - Hong Kong
Posted May 23, 2019 - Requisition No. 75265
You're a news junkie who loves breaking news. You embrace challenges, have solid judgment, can make split-second decisions, works well with others and thrive in a real-time environment. Our team is lightning fast, innovative and uses our collective experience to anticipate where and how news will break next. If that sounds like you, we want you to join our Breaking News team in Asia based in Hong Kong .
We'll trust you to:
- Unearth news breaking on traditional and new-media sources
- Recognize news that is significant to the markets
- Write potentially market-moving first versions of stories that explain the `why' in addition to the `what'
- Collaborate with global bureaus and teams across Bloomberg to deliver this-just-in news across all platforms
- Utilize machine learning tools to ensure Bloomberg remains on the cusp of breaking news
- Provide on-the-spot decisions on topics including M&A, IPOs, corporate earnings, government news and other global events
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- An understanding of global markets, economics, finance and politics
- The ability to write and edit clearly and quickly under deadline pressure
- Proficiency in English, Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese
- Experience working in a real-time news environment preferred
- A robust knowledge of social media and appreciation of how news breaks on various platforms
We'd love to see:
- Familiarity with automation, machine learning and/or natural language processing
- Proven skill at collaborating and working across teams to accomplish goals
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll be in touch with next steps if you're a fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.