Broadcast Engineer, APAC
Posted Aug 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 92887
Smarter, Faster, and as always - First. That's our philosophy. Bloomberg Media empowers global business leaders with breaking news, expert opinion and proprietary data distributed on every platform, across every time zone. Like our products and solutions - our teams are agile, dynamic, and innovative. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy for which we're known. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Around the clock, from around the globe - our Broadcast Engineering team supports live production for television, radio, and digital platforms. You will do much more than keep the lights on - you'll be responsible for supporting state-of-the-art broadcasting infrastructure in bureaus across the APAC region. With over 2,700 news professionals in over 120 countries - we face exciting challenges every minute of every day.
Who we are looking for:
You are the type of person with a strong background working in a live TV studio environment, for at least 2 years. You are comfortable with flexible working hours, which includes being able to work shifts as early as 5:30, weekends and holidays if required. You are known for having strong communication skills, being proactive and able to work independently in high pressure situations as well as part of a team during busier production hours. You must possess excellent troubleshooting skills that will enable you to quickly identify and repair faults, as well as prioritisation skills to minimise risk to our on-air product. You should have a desire to learn more about new trends & technologies within the broadcasting industry.
You'll need to have:
- Ability to react and adapt quickly and decisively in a fast changing environment.
- Fully fluent in English is a requirement whilst Cantonese and/or Mandarin would be a distinct advantage.
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree with a focus on Broadcast Engineering, Media Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of specialist broadcast equipment such as Evertz Video Routers, IPtec/Cisco Video Codecs, Comrex Audio Codecs, RTS Intercom, Allen&Heath Audio Mixers, Sennheiser Wireless Mics/IFBs, SONY Cameras and ETC Lighting Consoles.
- Confidence troubleshooting baseband video signal flows and supporting IT systems across Windows, MacOS and Linux platforms.
- Experience using software such as ENPS, VizRT, Adobe Creative Suite, Wireshark, Nagios, Grafana, GitHub or similar.
- Understanding of IT and Networking technologies such as LAN/WAN Routing, TCP/IP, VMware ESXi, Microsoft Active Directory and simple scripting using Powershell.
- Awareness of cloud architecture principles using AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with standard shared documentation tools such as AutoCAD, Microsoft Excel, SVN, Sharepoint and Confluence.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match and we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.