Buyside Enterprise Financial Data & Analytics Solutions Specialist, Hong Kong
Posted Jan 22, 2021 - Requisition No. 88412
We’re Bloomberg. We sit at the heart of the financial markets, from the largest sell-side institutions right through to the two person hedge fund - we’re an integral part of the financial markets workflow in every corner of the world. We provide our users with up to the millisecond market moves and analytics as well as connecting them with their counterparts and the wider community of 325,000 Bloomberg Terminal subscribers.
Our Sales teams are industry renowned for their subject matter expertise and platinum service levels. You’ll have industry renowned training, not just when you join us, but continually throughout your career here. Just like we invest in our products, we invest in our people. It gives us the edge.
What’s the role?
The Buy-Side Enterprise Relationship Management (ERM) team is responsible for the growth, retention, and management of our largest, most strategic buy-side clients. In your role as a Buyside Enterprise Financial Data & Analytics Solutions Specialist you will help our clients develop and implement their investment strategies, investment reporting and quantitative research, through Excel API, VBA, Python and Bloomberg’s query language solutions. This will involve full life-cycle development, from initial pre-sales conversations to requirement gathering, prototyping, implementation, deployment and adoption. Your strong communication and project management skills will play a critical role in your interactions with multiple internal stakeholders across the region, as well as users across front office, trading, compliance, operations and IT.
We will trust you to:
- Build an in-depth understanding around our client’s workflow
- Develop a deep understanding of Bloomberg's buy-side solutions for the Front, Middle and Back Office
- Assist clients to identify, plan and onboard their investment analysis and models on Bloomberg's platform
- Provide detailed feedback to our product development teams to help us continuously improve so we can anticipate our client’s future needs
- Help develop documents, training material, internal tools to better service other clients
You'll need to have:
- Strong understanding of financial markets including a strong grasp of buy-side work flows and user types
- Proven track record of outstanding customer service, ideally servicing Financial Institutions
- At least 3 years of experience in a client facing role, successfully managing relationships
- Strong programming experience, preferably VBA and Python
- Ability to acquire new technical skills by oneself
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate technical/complex issues in a simplistic manner to various audiences
- A proactive attitude and ability to work well as a team
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English. Mandarin would be a plus
- Experience with cloud strategy or machine learning also a plus.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.