China Credit Reporter - Hong Kong
Posted Oct 4, 2021 - Requisition No. 96040
Bloomberg is one of the biggest financial news organizations in the world, and covering debt financing is core to our DNA. We are looking for a reporter in Hong Kong who will cover the Greater China credit markets, following the most interesting stories from primary issuance to secondary-market trading to distressed situations.
You will break news on significant corporate funding plans in bond markets as well as on broader trends in borrowing and the cost of money in the region. You will also leverage sources for scoops on important stressed and distressed cases, while keeping readers up to date with this-just-in regulatory developments. Through interviews with corporate executives, advisers, underwriters, traders, fund managers and policy makers, you will provide readers with insights into the business of debt. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues to shed light on how developments in your beat fit into the broader financial landscape.
You will write authoritatively about the market for specialists and general readers.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and get right to the heart of the biggest stories
- Report with speed and accuracy
- Contribute to our coverage of credit through both short- and long-form stories
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the newsroom
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of recent financial journalism experience, ideally covering credit markets in Greater China or Asia
- Experience in a real-time news environment
- Proven ability to make and build sources in financial markets
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and spoken English and ideally Mandarin skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps. In the meantime feel free to have a look at http://www.bloomberg.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.