China Finance Team Leader
Posted Jun 27, 2019 - Requisition No. 75796
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard and we work fast, moving markets and chronicling the rise and fall of the people who make them. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features.
Our China Finance team is looking for a dynamic team leader who can drive coverage of the nation's $44 trillion financial sector at a time when it's slowly opening up to the world. You will also track efforts by policy makers to rein in excessive risk-taking as China removes the implicit government backstop that for decades has stabilized its banking system. No story has the potential to rewrite the global financial landscape quite like this one and you will have the ability to deploy all of Bloomberg's platforms -- print, digital television and radio -- to explain every twist and turn. Our coverage extends from breaking news to analysis, longer-term enterprise and investigations.
You'll need to bring along a passion for leading a team of talented reporters and editors, a deep interest in the unfolding China finance story, a can-do attitude and a willingness to work hard.
As a valued member of our team, we’ll trust you to:
- Lead a team of reporters and editors with a breadth of knowledge across banking & finance, investing and regulation.
- Manage breaking news with speed, accuracy and context.
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment and drive agenda-setting stories.
- Mentor, lead, motivate, and inspire your team
- Drive coverage that captures the context of local developments and the wider impact for global markets, international investors and companies
- Partner with Bloomberg magazines, Markets and BusinessWeek, and talk about the bigger stories on Bloomberg TV and Bloomberg Radio.
You will need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in finance, economics or journalism-related disciplines.
- Deep knowledge of banking, finance and investing
- Demonstrated experience leading, coaching and developing high-performing teams (preferably in a newsroom).
- Previous experience in journalism, preferably in real-time news.
- Ability to make news decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to generate exclusive, breaking news as well as informative feature stories.
- A proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and stakeholders.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.