China Markets Editor - Hong Kong
Posted Aug 14, 2019 - Requisition No. 76628
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features.
You will work on a team of reporters and editors covering news about greater China stocks, bonds and currencies. As the world's second-biggest equity market and third-biggest debt market open up to global investors, you'll cover these developments in real time, while delivering stories that explain this shift and offer a broader perspective. With years of editing experience (preferably covering markets), you will set a standard for fast and accurate coverage, and be a team player who collaborates well with colleagues. Being part of a multimedia company means you'll also work with television, radio, digital and graphics to showcase your stories.
We'll trust you to:
- Generate and craft content, both short and long-form, that demonstrates a strong story-telling ability
- Edit and write copy for accuracy and insight
- Support reporters on sourcing, interviewing and writing
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Previous financial journalism experience
- Excellent editing skills
- Experience of working in a real-time news environment
We'd love to see:
- Knowledge of Mandarin language
- Knowledge of financial markets, especially fixed income/FX
If this sounds like you:
- Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/about/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.