China Stocks Reporter, Hong Kong
Posted Sep 13, 2021 - Requisition No. 95346
We are looking for a Greater China Stocks Reporter to join our team in Hong Kong and build our coverage of some of the world’s biggest stock markets. The ideal candidate is someone who is able to break news and can produce real-time reports on stock moves in this dynamic and fast-paced market, as well as writing longer-form features and enterprise stories.
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news and write enterprise stories analyzing market trends on deadline
- Monitor stock and index moves and explain reasons behind those moves to our readers
- Have contacts within the industry among traders and fund managers
- Mine the Bloomberg terminal for smart, data-driven stories
- Participate in live coverage of events such as central-bank decisions and earnings reports, highlighting the stock-market impact
- Report with speed and accuracy
- Be a team player
You need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous financial journalism experience, including stints in a real-time breaking news environment, ideally covering stocks market in Mainland China
- Proven ability to make and build sources in financial markets
- A track record of team work and collaboration
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- Excellent written and spoken English and Mandarin skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.