Company Financials Data Team Leader - Healthcare, Hong Kong
Posted Aug 3, 2022 - Requisition No. 106031
Bloomberg runs on data. In Data, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analyzing, applying, and supplying it to our clients for their financial data needs. Across the Company Financials Data Team, we move markets by providing our clients with sought-after company reported and broker estimated financials that are normalized across industries and companies, key analytical ratios, and industry-specific data points. Our products run on intelligence and industry-specific insight provided by the Company Financials Data Team and more than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service. Our team of sector and market aligned analysts influence investment decisions and move the markets every day, and we are growing.
Leveraging innovative, collaborative, and client focused approaches to data extraction, aggregation, and standardization, analysts in Company Financials Data Team use industry knowledge and company financial data subject matter expertise in order to create a comprehensive client experience across the product offering throughout the earnings cycle, including pre-earnings through guidance and consensus creation, at the time of earnings through performance and surprise analysis, and allows for a more robust company and peer analysis.
Here’s where your team's industry expertise comes into play. Whether you are sourcing market data from new or existing providers or processing complex financial data – your team's work will help ensure the consistency and quality of company portfolios at an industry and market level.
Company Financials Data Team is looking for a Team Leader to manage and develop a high-performing team of market and industry focused Company Financials experts, owning the data onboarding and analysis for Hong Kong and Taiwan markets with focus on Healthcare industry. Your role is key in ensuring consistency of standards and collaborating with others to oversee the delivery of accurate and timely financials data while curating company and industry specific analysis.
In this role, you will be expected to drive the development of expertise in your industry and manage the corresponding data. You’ll need to drive the development of financial knowledge and analytical thinking in your team to derive meaningful insights for our customers. Your team will transform complex data and work processes into financial data products that are indispensable to our users. This position requires extensive collaboration with global colleagues, and partners across all business units including Business Managers, News, Bloomberg Intelligence, Sales & Analytics, Data Management Lab, and Engineering.
We'll trust you to:
- Recruit, coach, and develop a team of analysts who will be industry experts in their product demonstrated through processing time-sensitive, high-quality data, data analysis, and project management
- Collaborate with global counterparts to evolve the role, workflow, and operating procedures to ensure consistency in data quality and timeliness across regions
- Create processes and standards that make sure the delivery of data and the level customer service exceeds expectations
- Work with other data and core business groups, such as Product, Sales, News and Engineering to help develop and enhance product databases and functionality across the terminal
- Apply your passion for deep learning of an industry to our team’s overall vision, and leverage that knowledge to drive decisions about interoperability of data relevant to that industry
- Manage and mentor team on large and complex data projects and business initiatives related to the industries they cover
- Set a strategy to recruit, retain, and develop top talent within your team and global counterparts
You'll need to have:
- Proven leadership experience within a previous or current role
- Vision to align your team's goals around providing superior service to business and other internal/external clients, and the ability to execute a business and people strategy which delivers on that vision
- Excellent communication skills, allowing you to clearly communicate business needs and to advocate on behalf of your team
- Strong understanding of the wide-ranging impact of financial data
- Well-honed listening skills, allowing you to draw understanding of your team and clients’ needs
- Proven ability to establish strong credibility and build influential relationships with multiple internal and external clients and stakeholders
- Creative and flexible approach to problem solving, aided by strong data analysis skills
- Passion for building deep sector and industry knowledge, and demonstrated interest in and familiarity with a specific sector
We’d love to see:
- CFA designation (or working towards it)
- Experience or knowledge in Bloomberg Company Financials Products, Bloomberg terminal fluency, and/or Bloomberg Global Data workflows
- Experience or strong interest in financial modeling
- Experience working with industry data as part of your product coverage
- Experience using data visualization tools such as QlikSense
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/product/portfolio-risk-analytics/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.