Service Desk & Technical Relationship Representative - Connectivity & Integration Services - Hong Kong
Posted May 7, 2019 - Requisition No. 75001
Financial firms rely on dozens of critical systems to develop and execute strategies, evaluate risk, track P&L, manage sales and trading, and handle settlement. The constant challenge is the complexity of integrating these systems so that data moves correctly across the enterprise, at higher speeds and lower costs. Building solutions in-house can take a large team and a larger investment. Integrators and consultants may not understand a firm’s business model or data. That’s where we come in.
Here in the Connectivity and Integration Services (CIS) team, we help firms manage that complexity. Providing common tools, services and expertise, we enable firms to simplify technology relationships, which ultimately drives lower total cost of ownership, faster time to market and improved transparency. With our track record in delivering hosted solutions and our understanding of our customers’ needs, we believe we are uniquely positioned to help clients with this challenge.
What's the role?
The team is enjoying an exciting period of growth and we’re seeking a dynamic, confident Support Desk & Technical Relationship Representative. You’ll be responsible for primarily focusing on 'owning' the support issues and alliances with our clients. You’ll also be strategically focused on the overall customer experience and deepening our relationship with them, from managing service tickets through to proactive engagements with existing clients. As you will be part of a client facing team in Asia, you will be supporting a variety of technologies and data specifications between Bloomberg and external systems including SWIFT, FIX, XML, MQ and Bloomberg APIs. You should be able to demonstrate credibility with a proven knowledge of the Capital Markets technology integration industry and have a very good understanding of both buy and sell-side workflows including decision support, execution, position management, middle office and settlements.
We’ll trust you to:
- Provide Client Production Support to customers in Asia
- Partner with Account Management in our buy-side and sell-side businesses to provide proactive engagements with our existing client base
- Ensure a smooth life cycle experience, when clients move from project implementation to production support
- Achieve targets and metrics with clients including generating leads, supporting in closing add-on sales and tangibly reducing support costs
- Understand key competitors or alternatives and successfully protecting against displacements
You'll need to have:
- Fluent Cantonese and English speaker
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in support and account management
- Order Management and Trade Workflow experience (buy-side or sell-side)
- Solid track record of customer service and client facing skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- An ability to manage time effectively & multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving experience
- Insightful grasp of how system integration and technology can enhance and create solutions in the Trading Space
- Straight through processing (STP) exposure within the financial environment
- Navigating Through Application Logs – SPLUNK experience an advantage
- Connectivity Troubleshooting – TCP/IP / MQ / FTP / SFTP / LAN / WAN
- XML and FIX messaging
We’d love to see:
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Data Transformations using XML / XSLT’s
- SWIFT Experience (RMA’s and On-Boarding using SWIFT Alliance Access, Gateway & WebPlatforms)
- Unix & Linux skills
- Data delivery via IBM MQ / Troubleshooting MQ’s
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.