Content Relationship Manager, OTC Pricing (South Korea) & Third Party Indices (APAC), Hong Kong
Posted Jan 4, 2024 - Requisition No. 122397
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news, and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
The Content Acquisition team (CA) is an integral part of the Bloomberg Data department. We lead the governance, costs, and quality of the data we acquire, and we collaborate with the wider company to develop our data acquisition strategies ensuring we are aligning with the agendas of our key partners.
You will be responsible for our commercial policies for third party index providers across the region, as well as managing relationships with our data content partners in South Korea to acquire and manage over the counter (OTC) fixed income, FX & derivatives pricing, to expand coverage and improve quality of our data, through building strong partnerships with key stakeholders across different functions - including Senior/Heads of departments spanning across Trading, Sales, Business Managers, E-commerce, Desk Support, and In-house Market Data Specialists.
Last but not least, you will work closely with Bloomberg internal stakeholders to ensure that the pricing is fast, reliable, and accessible across the Bloomberg platform and collaborate on go-to-market strategies, while always being on the look out for new opportunities to enrich our data content.
We'll trust you to:
- Build strong collaborative relationships with content partners in your assigned coverage
- Proactively prospecting while also maintaining existing content partners relationships with key data contributors in order to identify and onboard strategic datasets to improve our data coverage, data quality and find growth opportunities - for example increasing market transparency for our clients through the data we acquire plus how to manage market structure change initiatives such as LIBOR transition
- Become a true subject matter expert in Third Party Indices and OTC pricing by demonstrating your understanding of the data from your content partners, and by being a trusted adviser and responding to all internal and external queries relating to these datasets
- Ensure the quality of our data through proactively reviewing datasets from our content partners to ensure high quality pricing data is provided
- Work closely with Bloomberg internal stakeholders to better understand our clients' data needs or trends and identify any potential gaps to design and develop more robust data acquisition strategies
- Secure commitment or negotiate favorable terms (usage rights, costs) and new commercial models for contributed data, which includes ensuring content is fit for purpose, meets our data stakeholder needs, is in line with technical architecture and historical precedent
- Streamline our commercial model for third party index providers, including renegotiating terms with existing content partners
You'll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree in degree or higher in relevant data technology or financial field, or equivalent professional work experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience in sales and relationship management related positions of financial institutions
- Demonstrated experience managing business development activities across market makers and market associations (such as bankers association, brokers association or other related associations in the field)
- Demonstrated experience in OTC products including any of the following: FX, Bonds or Derivatives.
- Demonstrated experience building trust and influencing C level executives in order to develop long lasting business relationships and design effective product solutions, including but not limited to the improvement of data quality
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and in managing priorities from multiple internal and external partners
- Demonstrated ability to build and execute plans under tight deadlines through partnership with other internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Willingness to travel within the region
- Proficiency in Korean as the client coverage will be South Korea
We'd love to see:
- An established network within content partners including relationships with regulators, government agencies and state banks would be an advantage
- Experience working with index providers or index consumers
- Demonstrated knowledge of market drivers linked to changes to market structure, benchmark reforms and regulations
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professiona
We’re individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and experiences who take on big challenges and create even bigger impact through our work. We’re interested in what makes you you, and how we can create opportunities for you to channel your unique, personal energy and grow to your fullest potential.
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Hong Kong | www.bloomberg.com/hongkong
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.