Contributions Account Manager - Global Data Content & Acquisition Business Management, Hong Kong
Posted Apr 21, 2021 - Requisition No. 90307
Bloomberg runs on data. In our Global Data business, we're responsible for supplying it. The Content & Acquisition Business Management (CABM) department is responsible for managing, acquiring and integrating content and data from Exchanges, Brokers, Sell-side and other types of providers to drive the value of the Bloomberg Terminal and downstream products. Our Client Service team is responsible for acquiring and managing content which is then made available to our client base. For clients, who use Bloomberg daily, having the ability to access this content in one place makes their workflow more efficient and helps them make more informed decisions. For the contributors of the data, being able to deliver their content in a place that their clients actively operate ensures greater market presence and returns on their distribution efforts.
What’s the role?
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual looking to launch their career in the financial markets to join our team in Hong Kong. Your role will be vital in supporting new and existing content providers to the Bloomberg terminal. You will be proactively working with content providers daily to ensure content is delivered in a timely and effective manner. In order to do this, you will need to build strong and lasting relationships with these institutions, have a deep understanding of the technology they use, their goals and challenges and offer outstanding support to them. You will work closely with other business areas to set company strategy around contributed content and ensure your account strategy is aligned with it.
You'll need to have:
- Ability to manage and support key accounts, helping them maintain and improve custom systems related to content dissemination
- Confidence to manage relationships on a technical and business level
- Strong objection handling and negotiation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to work directly with customers
- Effective project management and prioritization skills in order to work on multiple projects in parallel
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify problems in a process and apply technical knowledge to address inefficiencies
- Capability to find technical solutions to help automate our clients’ workflows and make our internal processes more efficient
- Experience in utilizing business intelligence to help spot trends, identify gaps and areas for product and content improvements
- A proactive attitude with the confidence to challenge the status quo and a real desire to improve practices and processes
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work with the global team of motivated Content Specialists, Product Managers, Technical Account Managers, and Engineering teams to improve our products and exceed our customers' expectations
- Keen interest in the financial markets
- Fluency in English & Mandarin
We’d love to see:
- Experience with building technology solutions for Enterprise workflow efficiency
- Proficiency in another Asian language
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.