Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 315,000 subscribers globally.
What's Global Data all about?
Global Data makes Bloomberg the most sought-after data source in the world. We collect, analyze, and present data that informs clients' decisions - and moves markets. We collaborates with Sales, News, and Research and Development, while staying in tune with our client needs, contributing to the development of the Data Management products and fueling Bloomberg news stories with the data that we receive.
Our Corporate Events team forms part of the Global Data family. We manage, interpret, enhance and report corporate events content for the equity markets. Concentrating on Mergers & Acquisitions, you will dig deep into companies in order to understand the actions they take, and why they take them. You will look beyond the headlines to understand the importance of the underlying data, discovering trends and links between companies and across industries.
We’ll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process Mergers & Acquisitions data using proprietary company software and other methods
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and to make our data-related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Partner closely with internal departments such as Sales, Analytics, News and Engineering
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive training giving you a thorough overview of financial concepts, corporate events data-sets, and of course our state-of-the-art Bloomberg terminal
- Opportunity to gain exposure to and interact with key market players in the financial industry
- Work on the cutting edge of finance and technology
- Real potential for exciting and varied career-progression
What we look for?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience or strong knowledge and understanding of corporate finance
- Background in equity markets with additional knowledge of corporate events (M&A, IPO, distributions, etc.)
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Highly proficient in reading and typing simplified Chinese
- Excellent numerical and communication skills
- Positive attitude with good inter-personal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Meticulous attention to details
In addition, these skills and experiences can help distinguish you from other candidates for this role:
- Knowledge in statistical analysis, information technology, or computer programming (e.g. VBA, R, Java, Python, SQL)
Does this sound like you?
Apply today! If we think you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.