Country Compliance Officer - APAC
Posted Jun 7, 2018 - Requisition No. 67499
Bloomberg’s Legal Department plays a critical role in supporting our businesses and operations around the world. We move quickly and thoughtfully to help address a variety of complex legal issues that come with being the world’s leading financial news and information company. Our team is made of up of talented and hardworking professionals who think creatively and work collaboratively in an open environment to deliver results, drive innovation, and solve difficult problems. We recognize the value of diversity and inclusion and the importance of giving back to our communities as evidenced by our award-winning pro bono program.
The APAC Bloomberg Compliance Department is part of the Global Compliance Department and provides compliance coverage of Bloomberg's regulated entities and products, as well as compliance support for Bloomberg's non-regulated products and services. The Compliance Department works closely with the Legal Department to address regulatory issues, ensuring compliance with current and developing rules and regulations, and corresponding with regulators.
This is a unique team which utilises the diverse skills and experience of all members to succeed in covering many different products and regulatory requirements. It offers an environment to share knowledge and experiences, and to develop individually in a company that positively encourages collaboration and teamwork.
What's The Role?
The APAC Compliance Department is seeking a Compliance Officer to join their team in Hong Kong or Singapore. You will be responsible for providing country compliance coverage with a focus on Bloomberg’s regulated businesses and electronic trading platforms in Australia. You will report into the APAC Head of Compliance.
We'll Trust You To:
- Act as the country compliance officer for Australia.
- Identify and manage compliance risks associated with the business practices, products and services. Ensure that the business meets its regulatory requirements and mitigate compliance risks to avoid breaches, fines and regulatory sanctions.
- Work closely with the business, regional Compliance and Legal teams, providing guidance on country regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Maintain the country compliance program, including the Compliance Manuals, regulatory documentation and related policies/procedures.
- Prepare and submit periodic reports to management and regulatory bodies.
- Maintain local regulatory authorisations and licenses, including ensuring compliance with regulatory conditions and expectations.
- Resolve trading issues, incidents and customer enquiries.
- Handle regulatory inquiries and inspections, including internal audits.
- Conduct Compliance risk assessments and internal reviews and approvals, including customer onboarding and system enablement.
- Prepare training plans and material. Conduct employee training.
- Perform monitoring and surveillance on employee and customer conduct.
- Provide compliance coverage for other lines of business and APAC locations, as required.
You'll Need To Have:
- Familiarity with the financial markets and electronic trading.
- Experience in interpreting and advising on financial regulatory changes and developments, ideally in APAC.
- Experience in liaising with financial regulators and managing regulatory inquiries, surveys and inspections.
- A track record of working with and advising the business on compliance matters.
- An analytical mind, the ability to solve complex problems and streamline processes.
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment and handle a number of different tasks at once to completion.
- Experience dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
We'd Love To See:
- Experience working with ASIC and Australian financial regulations.
- Degree holder, preferably in Law or in a business-related discipline.
- Good understanding of fixed income, currencies and commodities products and trading.
If That Sounds Like You:Apply - if we think you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.