Creative Content Lead - Hong Kong (One-Year Contract)
Posted Sep 14, 2021 - Requisition No. 95392
What is the future of storytelling in podcasts, social videos, immersive articles and longform documentaries? How can data clarify and create new perspectives? Where are the new ideas – and people – advancing equality and sustainability and shaping our global future? What does the future of work, the future of cities, the future of finance and the future of health look like?
At Bloomberg Media Studios, we confront these questions every day. As the global studio at the heart of Bloomberg Media Group, we develop creative solutions for brands that leverage Bloomberg’s mission, intelligence, and equity for Bloomberg’s core audiences.
Our creative team includes video producers, editors, designers, animators and scriptwriters who are passionate about developing innovative ideas and committed to working for a company that places purpose at the center of its business, and understands that creativity depends on a healthy, balanced and supportive work environment.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television and OTT, digital, magazine, podcast and radio, and live event platforms across the globe, and Bloomberg Media has become the indispensable source of information for the world’s most influential business leaders of today and for the next generation of leaders changing how we work and live.
Bloomberg Media Studios is searching for a Creative Content Lead who can take on a leadership role in both developing and executing best-in-class creative work on behalf of Bloomberg clients – from developing a new podcast series to scriptwriting a series of QuickTake videos to imagining a data visualization that will change how people think about a subject. We are looking for someone with a strong background in Copywriting, Data Journalism, Video Storytelling, Scriptwriting and/or Podcasting who can collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to produce breakthrough ideas and work, as well as get their hands dirty as part of a larger team.
We’ll Trust You To
- Create content across a diverse range of topics including the energy transition, sustainable finance, FDI drivers, tourism, cryptocurrencies and technology
- Deliver against Bloomberg’s value proposition of data-driven storytelling
- Collaborate with the in-house creative team to convert written content into rich media formats including infographics and videos
- Write thought-provoking copy for ad units and social media posts to maximize audience engagement / CTRs
- Interview C-suite business leaders and subject matter experts; build thought leadership content around those interviews
- Manage communications and collaborate with a network of freelancer writers; edit their work to ensure it meets client needs and delivers on Bloomberg’s promise
- Participate in calls to understand client needs and objectives
- Support the APAC media sales team with creative ideas and outlines for pitches
- Learn to use the Bloomberg Terminal to access unique insights and proprietary data
- Ask when you don’t know. Speak up when you do.
You’ll Need to Have
- At least 5 years in business journalism and/or B2B communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- A diverse portfolio of work to demonstrate your talent
- Proficiency in writing short and long-form content including articles and video scripts
- Ability to transform complex topics into compelling content
- Willingness to quickly learn new topics and write about them with authority
- A fundamental understanding of business, economics and finance
- Both a collaborative mindset and the ability to work independently
If this sounds like you:
Apply! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.