Creative Content Lead, APAC, Bloomberg Media - Hong Kong
Posted Oct 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 96312
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. We work hard, and we work fast — while keeping up the creativity and entrepreneurialism we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from QuickTake to New Economy.
What is the future of storytelling in podcasts, social videos, immersive articles and longform documentaries? How can data clarify and create new perspectives? Where are the new ideas – and people – advancing equality and sustainability and shaping our global future? What does the future of work, the future of cities, the future of finance and the future of health look like?
At Bloomberg Media Studios, we confront these questions every day. As the global studio at the heart of Bloomberg Media Group, we develop creative solutions for brands that leverage Bloomberg’s mission, intelligence, and equity for Bloomberg’s core audiences.
Our creative team includes video producers, editors, designers, animators and scriptwriters who are passionate about developing innovative ideas and committed to working for a company that places purpose at the center of its business, and understands that creativity depends on a healthy, balanced and supportive work environment.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television and OTT, digital, magazine, podcast and radio, and live event platforms across the globe, and Bloomberg Media has become the indispensable source of information for the world’s most influential business leaders of today and for the next generation of leaders changing how we work and live.
Bloomberg Media is searching for a Creative Content Lead who can take on a leadership role in both developing and executing best-in-class creative work on behalf of Bloomberg clients – from developing a new podcast series to scriptwriting a series of QuickTake videos to imagining a data visualization that will change how people think about a subject. We are looking for someone with a strong background in Copywriting, Data Journalism, Video Storytelling, Scriptwriting and/or Podcasting who can collaborate with a cross-disciplinary team to produce breakthrough ideas and work, as well as get their hands dirty as part of a larger team.
We’ll Trust You To:
- Create content across a diverse range of topics including the energy transition, sustainable finance, FDI drivers, tourism, cryptocurrencies and technology
- Deliver against Bloomberg’s value proposition of data-driven storytelling
- Collaborate with the in-house creative team to convert written content into rich media formats including infographics and videos
- Write thought-provoking copy for ad units and social media posts to maximize audience engagement / CTRs
- Interview C-suite business leaders and subject matter experts; build thought leadership content around those interviews
- Manage communications and collaborate with a network of freelancer writers; edit their work to ensure it meets client needs and delivers on Bloomberg’s promise
- Participate in calls to understand client needs and objectives
- Support the APAC media sales team with creative ideas and outlines for pitches
- Learn to use the Bloomberg Terminal to access unique insights and proprietary data
- Ask when you don’t know. Speak up when you do.
You'll Need to Have:
- At least 7 years of experience in business journalism, a creative consultancy or B2B communications, working with large multinationals and/or established news media
- Experience writing various types of content including long- and short-form articles, video scripts, ad units and social media copy
- Experience in video, brand development/digital marketing and the creative process
- Fluency in written and verbal English
We Would Love to See:
- A diverse portfolio of work to demonstrate your talent
- Willingness to quickly learn new topics and write about them with authority
- Both a collaborative mindset and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to interview business leaders and weave their responses into thought leadership content
- Ability to explain abstract, complex or cutting-edge ideas in a straightforward way
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe you’re a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.