Bloomberg's Accounting department is looking for an enthusiastic, quick- thinking and dedicated individual to join our Customer Financial Services ("CFS") team in Hong Kong. As part of this dynamic group, you will be responsible for leading customer relationships from a finance perspective, with a core responsibility of credit control. In addition, the role requires excellent customer service skills while working with external customers and internal Bloomberg departments; the ability to multi-task; keen attention to detail; strong analytical skills; and an enthusiastic attitude. The APAC CFS team primarily services our Asia-Pacific customers but also works with other Bloomberg teams and customers globally.
We'll trust you to:
- Have a primary focus on credit control, including handling a portfolio of customer accounts in the areas of: accounts receivable, customer service, billing and credit monitoring and reporting
- Maintain positive relationships with our customers by providing excellent service
- Be accountable for a sizable collections portfolio and meeting specific targeted goals related to the aging of open receivables.
- Be responsible for processing customer refunds, write-offs, escheatable items, and preparing delinquent customers for third party collections.
- Be responsible for tax-related receivables, including the collection of withholding tax certificates and processing the corresponding entries in Bloomberg’s accounting system
- Maintain existing credit control processes and design new ones in the aim of increased efficiency, transparency and control
- Handle reconciliation of customer payments
- Collaborate with our internal Sales, Contracts, Installations and Billing Teams in order to resolve outstanding issues
- Manage ad-hoc projects, including participation in global project teams
You'll need to have:
- A university degree in relevant fields
- A high level of multi-tasking, trouble shooting, and complex problem solving skills while utilizing multiple system interfaces and addressing a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in English and Cantonese
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility within a constantly changing environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to cooperate and collaborate effectively with team members
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office – especially Excel
We'd love to see:
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience in accounting operations, corporate collections, and/or Accounts Receivable in MNC
- Knowledge of SAP is an asset
- Adapt at learning new technologies and software
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Well-organized, strong sense of responsibility, and a great teammate
- Mandarin is an advantage but not a must
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we believe you're a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.