Credit Research Associate - Hong Kong
Posted Jul 20, 2023 - Requisition No. 117739
Bloomberg Intelligence provides comprehensive views on industries and its key constituents and, combined with the power of the Bloomberg Professional® service, gives you unsurpassed depth and breadth at the sector, industry, and company levels. Bloomberg Intelligence also offers valuable written analysis on 135 industries and 2,000 companies, industry data, and interactive charting and functions from a team of independent experts, giving investment and corporate professionals deep insights into where crucial industries stand today and where they may be heading next. Research that generates creative investment ideas and simplifies strategic and financing recommendations - by investment professionals, for investment professionals. That's intelligence our clients can count on.
You would be part of this growing team and be responsible for helping to conduct credit specific research on respective industries and companies. This includes performing high level credit analysis across companies and industries as well as specific fixed income security and market analysis. This analysis will be based on external and internal Bloomberg data sets, such as financial data, detailed corporate bond and loan securities, and capital structure, as well as company filings, excel models and issuer news releases and presentations.
We'll trust you to:
- Actively contribute to the team’s daily research activities (i.e. data, written research, idea generation)
- Track and interpret major company developments and identify macro themes and trends affecting industries
- Build and maintain relationships with internal departments throughout Bloomberg as well as external company, industry, and data professionals
- Interact with clients, attend company conference and earnings calls as discussed with your analysts
- Review submitted research for adherence to global quality standards
- Partner with Global Data teams to ensure data completeness and quality control for existing and new data sets of target companies
You’ll need to have:
- At least 2 years of fixed income/credit market research experience
- Experience in sell side, buy side or other research provider
- Knowledge of concepts of finance/accounting with experience in interpreting financial documents and performing quantitative financial analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel VBA and python
- Strong organization skills, and capable of prioritizing multiple projects
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English and Mandarin
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.