Crypto & Market Structure Reporter - APAC - Singapore
Posted Oct 7, 2021 - Requisition No. 96200
Bloomberg is looking for reporters on one of the highest-profile, highest-impact beats in crypto: exchanges and market structure. We're seeking seasoned and well-sourced journalists in Asia who can break news on companies whose influence pervades every aspect of the crypto story, exchange owners like Coinbase and Binance, as well as the professional traders who operate on their platforms. The best candidates will grasp the nuances of exchange coverage as it has evolved in traditional finance over the last two decades, including electronic market structure and role of liquidity providers, while being well-versed in crypto-native topics including blockchains and decentralized networks.
We are looking for candidates who are enthusiastic about writing with rigor and skepticism on a topic that is of interest to a broad swath of the financial news audience, with a special emphasis on Terminal subscribers, across breaking news and enterprise.
We expect you to be intensely collaborative, curious, and ambitious about the opportunity to tell stories on a high-profile beat that intersects with markets, finance, technology, regulation and more.
The ideal candidate will deliver scoops and write enterprise on the plumbing of the crypto world. We'll also expect you to break news on crypto's intersection with Wall Street's largest banks and investment firms. The successful candidate will also collaborate with reporters to break news across the global financial industry.
We'll trust you to:
- Deliver accurate and sharp stories under tight deadlines
- Generate analysis covering both fast-paced developments in short format and long-term trends and insights, that don't just focus on the ``what happened'' but also on the ``why'' and ``so what''
- Tap Bloomberg's rich data and analytics to access original material for technical charts and stories
- Collaborate with reporters across the newsroom and the Finance teams worldwide
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of recent financial journalism experience
- Experience working at a real-time news service
- Experience covering Crypto-currency as a reporter
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Strong work ethic, ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- Robust attention to detail
- A collaborative team spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.