D&I Product, Data and Engineering (PDE) Client Partner, APAC – Hong Kong
Posted Aug 19, 2022 - Requisition No. 106609
Bloomberg drives disruptive innovation and breakthrough performance by embracing diversity in all its forms and all its nuances. We strive to create a culture that values difference, champions inclusion and promotes collaboration to drive business results. We work across regions to ensure that we're addressing local priorities consistent with local cultures.
As our global client base becomes increasingly more diverse, our focus on diversity and inclusion helps us stay attuned to our clients’ rich and varied cultures, norms and business practices.
What we do:
We’re thought-leaders and change-agents. We bring best-of thinking in the D&I space to our colleagues, business and external partners. We challenge the organization to think differently about top talent and we ensure that the right programs, data and policies are in place to inspire an inclusive work environment. Whether it's by committing to challenge the way we think and act around mental health in the workplace, leading progressive and edgy conversations on ethnicity and LGBTQI topics, embedding diversity into our products like the Gender Equality Index and many more initiatives.
What's the role?
Bloomberg's APAC D&I team is looking for a D&I Client Partner to help advance the company’s global D&I initiatives, and to serve as a thought leader and partner on the strategy and vision for diversity and inclusion in our Product, Data and Engineering business. Through close collaboration you will provide strategic solutions, mentorship and coaching, facilitating discussions across the business, providing external intelligence and best practices to increase and drive awareness and engagement across APAC and in collaboration with Americas and EMEA. We’re seeking a creative and ambitious individual who can help to design, drive and deliver strategic D&I initiatives.
We’ll trust you to:
- Co-develop the business strategy and vision for diversity and inclusion
- Provide thought leadership, advice, coaching, and solutions in consultation with HR partners, business leaders, managers, employees and other stakeholders
- Collaborate within and across the D&I global team to ensure peers are looped in, aware and consulted on region specific initiatives that could be leveraged more broadly
- Collaborate across wider HR, Talent development and Recruiting teams to develop innovative strategies and programs
- Ensure business alignment with enterprise wide and regional strategies
- Analyze data and trends in organizational diversity metrics, define and assess key business critical metrics and deliverables, both short and long term
- Analyze employment activities such as applicant flow, new hires, terminations, transfers, and promotions to identify potential areas of focus and other opportunities to promote diversity initiatives
- Stay up-to-date across the region with regulatory and policy developments affecting diversity & inclusion
- Represent the D&I team and Bloomberg overall through internal and external events
- Manage and deliver multiple projects following a matrix model, driving successful outcomes
- Prepare and deliver briefings and presentations to senior leaders
You'll need to have:
- At least 4 years of experience in diversity and inclusion (or equivalent)
- Strategic and operational experience delivering D&I initiatives in partnership with business stakeholders
- The ability to drive projects and initiatives as a self-starter with a strong client focus
- Current experience in the design and execution of diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives
- Strong communication and presentation skills in English, as well as storytelling and interpersonal skills
- Excellent critical thinking skills with experience in analysing and interpreting numerical data, and translating it into meaningful recommendations
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work within a fast-paced, fluid environment
- Comfortable initiating, leading and managing change
We'd love to see:
- Experience as a D&I Partner in the Tech industry or a strong interest and desire to learn about the industry
- Degree, certifications or evidence of work in specific areas of D&I expertise
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.