Data Acquisition & Pricing Specialist - Hong Kong
Posted Sep 24, 2018 - Requisition No. 70888
The Data Acquisition & Pricing Specialist arm of Bloomberg’s Content Acquisition & Business Management team leads the way in acquiring the OTC financial data and research which fuels our iconic Bloomberg Terminal and Enterprise Data Solutions.
We have an exciting opportunity for an astute professional to join the team in our Hong Kong office. Using your existing knowledge and relationships, we’ll be relying on you to play a pivotal role in expanding our relationships with government agencies, regulators and key banks whilst acquiring pricing content in Hong Kong and the surrounding region.
You'll be given the autonomy to build your business with key data contributors and market players, while developing a truly deep understanding of the markets which you cover.
We'll trust you to:
- Identify & qualify target lists of data contributors
- Negotiate contracts with third party data providers, close commitments for data contribution, and optimise the visibility of this content on our systems
- Build relationships with key commercial and central banks, brokers, market associations, government agencies and regulators
- Uncover opportunities to change strategic landscapes
- Become a true expert in your area of financial data coverage
- Work closely with Terminal Sales and other internal business groups to clearly identify our clients’ data requirements
- Position our data offerings, while marketing and delivering new content to our users
What we look for?
- At least 5 years experience in sales, relationship management, and/or market experience in over-the-counter (OTC) and derivative products
- Strong, primary relationships with Hong Kong regulators, government agencies and state banks
- An established network within the Hong Kong pricing data space
- Business-level fluency in English and Mandarin
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and client-facing skills
- Aptitude for identifying new prospects, building lasting relationships and influencing stakeholders
- Good knowledge of Foreign Exchange, Money Markets, Fixed Income & Derivatives
We'd love to see:
- Comfort with a high degree of autonomy, and in managing priorities from multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to build and execute plans under tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel within the region
- Familiarity with financial data and technical infrastructure
Does this sound like you?
Apply! If we believe that you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.