Deals Reporter - Hong Kong
Posted Feb 15, 2022 - Requisition No. 100674
Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
What is the role?
We are seeking an experienced reporter to cover mergers and acquisitions out of Hong Kong. You will join a strong team focused on breaking the biggest deals in Asia Pacific on a competitive, high-profile beat. You'll collaborate with reporters across coverage areas in a fast-paced environment, writing on a range of topics from cross-border corporate mergers to capital raisings and private equity buyouts. You'll be regularly speaking to some of the top dealmakers in Asia Pacific as you work to produce scoops on the region's most high-profile transactions.
We'll trust you to:
- Break news on market-moving M&A stories
- Deliver accurate, sharp copy under tight deadlines
- Bring a wide range of contacts in the investment banking industry
- Expand your source network and write clearly while working in a no-drama team environment
- Develop compelling feature stories and mine the Bloomberg terminal for smart, data-driven analysis pieces
You'll need to have:
- A minimum of 3 recent years of experience in business and financial journalism
- Knowledge of financial markets
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- A proven track record of producing scoops and handling sensitive, market-moving information with confidential sources
We'd also like to see:
- Fluency in Mandarin
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: www.blpcareers.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.