Posted Aug 22, 2018 - Requisition No. 68873
The Bloomberg Professional Service is a premium product for the most demanding customers. The component customers interact with is a purpose-built, real-time browser supporting up-to-the-second market updates, complex data processing and responsive UI across large areas of screen real-estate. It's vital that our product works reliably, responsively, and with capacity for handling periods of market volatility that produce surges in activity. At the same time Bloomberg’s Product Teams, in partnership with Bloomberg’s Application Developers, are constantly developing and evolving our products and the platforms that host them on our customer' Windows desktops.
Our Application Performance Profiling and Analysis team are developing tools, instrumentation, and best practices to support our Application Developers and support teams. These tools will help in reducing risk when deploying new software, detecting and flagging potential performance issues on client desktops, and simplifying the analysis of client-side issues when they arise.
- Identify metrics and environmental parameters essential for evaluating performance and recognizing potential issues
- Enable enhanced profiling capabilities across our desktop products by creating libraries and tools for instrumenting client-side subsystems
- Develop performance analysis and diagnostic tools for our developers and support organizations
- Liaise with development and support teams in best practices for performance optimization and performance diagnostics
- Leverage metric data to automate the assessment of performance over time.
- Help detect and address software performance issues before they impact our customers
- Provide strategic input for future infrastructure development
- Skilled C++ developers with a passion for optimizing the behavior and performance of real-time desktop software.
- Experience writing code in C++ for the Microsoft Windows Operating System
- Previous experience in performance analysis and optimization, especially on Windows
- Experience with networking, IPC and multi-threaded programming on Windows or Linux
- Experience developing operating systems, kernels, or drivers
- Experience with programming language compilers or interpreters
- Previous involvement in large-scale Agile software projects
- Experience with open source software platforms such as Chromium, Firefox, Node, and Electron
- Experience with embedding or extending open source scripting engines such as V8, SpiderMonkey and Chakra