Digital Editor, Asia
Posted Mar 31, 2020 - Requisition No. 82185
The energy of a newsroom. The pace of a trading floor. The buzz of a recent tech breakthrough. We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. "Our culture is wide open, just like our workspaces." We bring out the best in each other, and through our countless volunteer projects we help bring out the best in our communities. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
Bloomberg is looking for a social and audience development editor to join its team in Hong Kong. In this role you'll manage Bloomberg articles, video, graphics, features and more across a range of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Telegram and LinkedIn, and help the Digital team branch into new spaces. You will also help Bloomberg's specialist social teams with content across platforms.
We'll trust you to:
- Drive the performance and reach of Bloomberg content through social media promotion
- Find new audiences and track performance of content on traditional and non-traditional social platforms
- Assist and train Bloomberg News editors on different digital tools and social platforms. Collaborate and assist the core news team as needed
- Innovate with new styles, formats and channels of social promotion that helps Bloomberg stand out from the crowd
- Help brainstorm how to convert fickle visitors from social platforms into loyal members of our rapidly growing subscriptions offerings
You'll need to have:
- 3+ years of experience* as an editor or social media editor, preferably in a digital editorial environment
- Strong editorial judgement
- Knowledge of analytics tools such as Parse.ly, Crowdtangle, and Socialflow
- Demonstrated track record of driving social and audience development through social networks
- An interest in business, politics and finance, the world at large and longform journalism
*Please note we use years of experience as a guide but we certainly will consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary for the role.
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.