Digital News Editor
Posted May 15, 2019 - Requisition No. 75125
We are looking for a Digital News Editor to join our busy Hong Kong team, who'll be expected to handle big stories for Asian and global audiences and keep calm and focused in the face of fast-breaking news. Managing content across a range of social platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LINE and WhatsApp, the successful applicant will have strong news judgement and the skills in analytics to build engagement and reach. Our news editors manage homepages, work with reporters and editors to develop their social media profiles and digital expertise, and help the newsroom shape stories that resonate with audiences on all platforms. We're looking for someone unflappable, committed to accuracy and ready to work alongside large reporting teams to build the web’s best business news destination. An interest in business and politics, skills in spotting trends online, and an ability to think and write creatively would all be highly desirable.
Our Digital News Editor will be trusted to:
- Drive performance/reach of Bloomberg content through social media promotion
- Use analytics tools to spot strong content and develop strategies on different platforms
- Monitor news feeds and social media for breaking news
- Work with our team of journalists on digital strategies and best practices
- Write headlines and mobile alerts, edit homepages and curate the Bloomberg app
We're looking for:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience as an editor or social media editor, preferably in a digital editorial environment
- Strong editorial judgement
- A strong understanding of the tools, trends and platforms on digital media
- A track record of driving social and audience development through social networks
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch with you to let you know next steps.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.