Distribution and Supply Planner - APAC
Posted Oct 9, 2019 - Requisition No. 78885
The Bloomberg Terminal quickly and accurately delivers business and financial information, news and insight around the world to over 315,000 customers worldwide. Our global terminal customers depend on our proprietary high-quality hardware to be able to access our terminal and make critical business decisions. Bloomberg's Supply Chain business is a dynamic global organization, providing support to our internal and external customers through Planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, and Warehousing, operating out of 22 locations across 12 countries.
We work hand-in-hand with our businesses to support them in achieving success and maintaining efficiency.
We plan, procure and distribute the goods and services that Bloomberg needs to do business.
What's the role?
The Supply Chain Operations Planning team is responsible for determining the Supply Chain strategy for the physical products that Bloomberg provides to customers and internal business groups. The specific aspects of this role include demand planning, supply planning, distribution planning, maintenance of inventory controls and audits, and procedures to monitor and verify inventory levels globally. We are seeking an energetic, innovative individual to join our Planning team as the Supply Planner for AsiaPac Regional.
What will you do:
- Maintaining and optimizing stock level for internal and external customers across the AsiaPac region
- Creating purchase and repair plans for core equipment
- Creating stock transport orders to distribute materials across the region to meet demand
- Coordinating with other regional counterparts to determine the process and technology enhancements that will improve customer service and manage our products in an efficient way for Bloomberg
- Demonstrate and promote continual improvements in the Supply and Distribution Planning process
You'll need to be able to or have:
- Proficiency in Supply Chain principles and a broad understanding of S&OP.
- Demonstrations as a team player with excellent communication skills and documentation skills.
- A thorough understanding of standard order management process.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the emphasis on maintaining good working relationships with business partners.
- Demonstrate aptitude to manage projects and deadlines, as well as lead project teams if required.
- SAP R/3 and MS Office experience is required.
We'd love to see:
- Extensive experience in Logistics and Distribution
- Experience in Supply Planning using SAP would be beneficial
- Ability to analyse problems, create solutions and multi-task with attention to detail.
- MCIPS (Member of /studying towards qualification with Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Chain) or related Supply Chain qualifications, are also preferred.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.