ESG, Data Analyst, Hong Kong
Posted Aug 11, 2021 - Requisition No. 93118
At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock – from around the world. In Global Data, we’re responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
Climate change, regulatory pressures, the importance of human capital and diversity are just a few critical factors global investors consider to best identify risks and opportunities. Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) data is crucial for our clients – providing deeper intelligence than conventional financial analysis.
As a team, we are responsible for improving and reporting Environmental, Social and Governance related content for the Bloomberg Terminal, plus reported on and normalized metrics, key analytical ratios, industry-specific metrics and proprietary scores. We display ESG and Fundamental data together, backed by news for context. More than 320,000 business leaders rely on the real time financial information available on the Bloomberg Professional Service, and your passion and expertise for sustainable investing will have tremendous impact on our growing product offering.
Data Analysts possess an outstanding combination of technical skills and business acumen, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills. They use these skills to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to provide timely, accurate, and comprehensive data to our clients. You will need to set standards and implement changes for automating data acquisition and quality control. You will also need to know your customer, their challenges, and their workflows. With this insight, you will bring creative ideas to the table on how we can make our data integration seamless and more efficient.
We’ll trust you to:
- Analyze data products and internal processes to identify opportunities for continuous improvement, as well as devise and implement innovative solutions
- Craft and manage workflow configurations for critical functions such as acquisition, worklist management, and quality control
- Apply problem-solving and data analysis skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our processes
- Utilize statistics and data visualization skills to report on results of on-going operations and projects, as the need arises
- Build subject matter expertise and technical skills to generate premium content
- Partner with a wide variety of stakeholders from Engineering to Sales on product development
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably with combined studies in Information Systems and Finance or related business and STEM fields
- Proficiency in writing python scripts and experience in either SQL or R
- Proficiency in Excel
- Demonstrated experienced in any one of the following: statistical analysis, quantitative modelling, programming or applied data analysis skills
- Demonstrated experienced managing both internal and external client relationships
- Demonstrated experience using project management skills including the ability to prioritize tasks
- Experience in an environment that required strong attention to detail including applying decision-making and problem-solving skills on a day to day basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Cantonese/Mandarin
We’d love to see:
- Master's degree or advanced certification such as a CFA charterholder
- ESG-related education such as CFA ESG examination, SASB FSA certification, etc.
- Ability to isolate issues and resolve problems logically
- Ability to adapt within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Desire to improve and further develop our products
- Exposure to Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service
- Keen interest in data management, technology and product development
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We will be in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.