Editor, BloombergNEF - Hong Kong
Posted Aug 20, 2021 - Requisition No. 93433
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated and experienced editor to join the global editorial team, based in Hong Kong. You are passionate about the energy transition and decarbonizing the economy, have a keen eye for detail, are creative and are comfortable with absorbing lots of new information. You will contribute to the team's work in editing, standards, training and writing some reports.
The editorial team covers the very wide variety of publications from BNEF analysts around the world. Editors are collaborative and versatile, and are a reference point within the organization for supporting the work of analysts. The team collaborates across Bloomberg's different departments, and participates in BNEF events. The team helps train analysts in various skills and works to increase the impact of their work.
BNEF Team Ethos:
To succeed at BNEF we need people who can work in an independent manner and show initiative to develop their own viewpoints, yet be collaborative with colleagues. We don’t rely on the status quo, we look for innovative yet pragmatic thinking that turns big ideas into real insights and impact. Working at BNEF sometimes feels chaotic; we need teams that are both dynamic and structured to generate the unique perspectives our clients really value. Our teams are diverse, creative, focused, and fun!
What's the role?:
- Editing a wide range of content from the business analysts, covering the low-carbon transition in energy, transport, industry and commodities.
- Work closely with BNEF's commodities team, and with wider groups responsible for content on the Bloomberg Terminal. An understanding of markets and finance is an advantage.
- Write features, Q&As and market-oriented pieces occasionally on topics that complement BNEF's core research.
We will trust you to:
- Edit reports long and short to improve clarity and impact, and engage with analysts to help improve their writing skills.
- Keep abreast of developments in the clean energy sector and contribute to discussion about content, sector news and innovation.
- Participate in BNEF events, including interviewing industry executives. Produce written content from these and on your own initiative.
- Have strong experience in editing written English to a high standard in business publications.
You will need to have:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in reporting and editing articles of varying lengths and on a range of topics.
- Experience in a commodities and/or financial markets industry
- Proficiency in English grammar, writing and communication
- Experience in using software packages like MS Office.
We would love to see:
- Demonstrable knowledge of the energy sector and the energy transition.
- Skills in working as part of teams, and building relationships in different parts of an organisation.
- Fluency in at least one Asian language
If this sounds like you:
Apply. If we believe you're a good match, we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.