Editor, Digital Explainers, APAC - Hong Kong
Posted Jan 23, 2024 - Requisition No. 122748
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Bloomberg LP has built a significant media business spanning television, digital, magazine, radio and live event platforms across the globe. In the midst of a historic time in the media industry, Bloomberg Media is growing its global footprint and reach through new innovations from Bloomberg Originals to New Economy Forum.
Bloomberg Digital is looking for an Editor to commission and edit explainer content across all media platforms in the APAC region. The ideal candidate would be a digital native editor who understands how to leverage the data we have access to from our audience - either from search engines, on-site analytics or subscriber feedback - in order to answer questions and provide more context around news events for our user base on bloomberg.com and the terminal.
The ideal candidate is an experienced journalist with a passion for explaining the context behind news stories. In this role you should be curious about a wide range of topics including business, finance, markets, economics, technology, the environment, health, politics, government and culture. You are a dynamic editor eager to work across all of Bloomberg’s platforms. Comfort with a highly collaborative and innovative setting is a must.
We'll trust you to:
- Have excellent news judgment, sharp communication skills and a sense of urgency on breaking news
- Conceptualize and edit news explainers, both breaking and feature pieces, in a variety of formats
- Simplify language, enabling the reader to see the forest and not just the trees
- Incorporate search engine optimization trends into your story selection and editing decisions
- Collaborate effectively across the team, the newsroom and platforms
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or degree-equivalent qualifications
- At least 3 years text editing experience in a news organization
- Proficiency in analytics tools including but not limited to Parsley, Chartbeat
- Experience in using web publishing tools or CMS
- A flair for editing copy into standout text
- The ability to distinguish authoritative sources, to research a topic thoroughly, and to fairly present both sides of an argument
- A proven record as a team player who collaborates easily and effectively
- Experience working on data visualizations, video, audio or events is a plus.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
- Experience working on data visualizations, video, audio or events
We'd love to see:
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Learn more about our office and benefits:
Hong Kong | www.bloomberg.com/hongkong
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg provides reasonable adjustment/accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable adjustment/accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable adjustment/accommodation include but are not limited to making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email AMER_recruit@bloomberg.net (Americas), EMEA_recruit@bloomberg.net (Europe, the Middle East and Africa), or APAC_recruit@bloomberg.net (Asia-Pacific), based on the region you are submitting an application for.