Electronic Trading Operations Representative (FI/FX Project Management) - Hong Kong
Posted Apr 16, 2019 - Requisition No. 74677
Who we are:
In global markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve the best execution across multiple asset classes. Our Electronic Trading Operations (ETO) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of those offerings.
We implement new connections and detect, analyze, and resolve issues impacting applications and connectivity with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, and ATS venues. We ensure seamless performance with our Electronic Trading platforms through interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, Engineering, and Bloomberg’s clients.
We are ambitious and set ourselves tough business goals. We are a meritocracy, where everyone has a voice - not a job title. Working with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with is more important than titles or position.
Bloomberg is so much more than the products and services we deliver to our customers. We use data and analytics to organize, understand and improve our world.
Who you are:
You come to work with a purpose. You work fast and hard, understand what urgency means to a trader, are curious and take pride in being customer service driven. You love being part of a team where clients count on you every day, and you challenge and support your colleagues to innovate, learn, and deliver the best service possible.
What’s the role?
As a key member of Bloomberg's Electronic Trading Operations team, you'll be responsible for implementing new electronic trading connections for our customers, ensuring a transition process post sale through to solution go-live. You'll also be the trusted authority troubleshooting and resolving issues impacting the businesses we support and our clients directly and be essential in minimizing impact and mitigating financial risk for our clients.
The projects you will primarily be a part of will involve a multitude of proprietary and third party systems as well as a wide range of security types including:
- Fixed Income (FIT): Bonds, Interest Rate Swaps, Credit Default Swaps, Repo, Mortgages, Emerging Markets, Money Market and MUNIs
- FX and Commodities (FXGO): Spot, Outright, Swap, Deposit, NDF, FX Options and Algos
We’ll trust you to:
- Build, certify, and support new FIX connections, configure applications for these connections, and complete post-production testing across multiple asset classes with an emphasis on Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange (‘FICC’) products, working closely with clients and vendors
- Analyze and troubleshoot issues related to our Electronic Trading products
- Prevent production incidents and outages by partnering with Engineering and Product teams to design and implement future system and product changes
- Handle client communication using language appropriate for non-technical users
- Liaise with Bloomberg’s clients and our internal Product, Tradedesk, and Engineering groups to handle client expectations and expedite project completion
- Partner with Engineering and Product development teams to design and implement future system and product changes to prevent production incidents and streamline implementations to reduce time to market
- Design improvements to existing and new Configuration, Monitoring, and Troubleshooting Support tools
- Examine root cause statistics and help develop metrics for internal consumption and trading system benchmarking
You’ll need to have:
- Knowledge of the Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange markets and workflows
- Experience in similar application certification or support roles with a consistent track record of delivering client solutions
- Good project management skills for delivering short term customer driven projects and larger scale implementation requests
- Business level proficiency in either Mandarin or Cantonese
- Demonstrated knowledge of FIX message protocol
- Experience in UNIX and Linux operating systems and commands, troubleshooting LAN / WAN, and in Middleware connectivity (TCP/IP, MQ, UDP)
- Proven history of solving complex problems with a keen eye for detail
- A willingness to learn and apply knowledge
- Superb communication and client facing skills
- An ability to handle your time effectively and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and effective prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, to multi-task, to be a team-player, to be client focused, and to adapt in a dynamic changing environment
We’d love to see:
- A Computer Science or Technology related degree
- Good working product knowledge of other asset classes including Equity, Options, Futures and related workflows
- Knowledge of the Equity, Options, Futures asset classes and related workflows and any exposure to Broker/Dealers, Hedge Funds, and Regulatory Reporting requirements
- Experience with SQL or transactional databases and operating large structured and unstructured datasets (such as indexed data and delimited complex system logs)
- Knowledge of a scripting language, such as Perl, Bash, Korn or Python
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We’ll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime, feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/company/.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org