Emerging Markets/China FX & Rates Reporter - Hong Kong
Posted Jan 6, 2023 - Requisition No. 113151
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It's what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We are seeking an experienced reporter to cover currencies, rates and emerging markets with a special emphasis on China based in Hong Kong. With stories on everything from Beijing's ambitions for its capital markets, to the reignited volatility in the yuan, to the investability of Chinese bonds for foreign investors, this is a diverse beat that never stops.
You are a self-starter who thrives on developing sources to break news and unpick the inner workings of the region's markets in real-time. Fast and accurate, you are also an adaptable teammate who enjoys working under deadline and is ready and willing to commit to connect the dots for our readers and build quick insights into compelling, thoughtful stories for a sophisticated and informed audience.
We'll trust you to:
- Develop and tap a broad network of market players for insights and scoops
- Deliver concise stories to explain market flows and analyze trends
- Generate and craft stories that capture "what's happening and why" and "what it means" - against the backdrop of local and global trends
- Tap Bloomberg data and analytics to tell visually appealing stories
- Collaborate across the newsroom
You'll need to have:
- At least 5 years of financial journalism experience
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- Experience reporting on markets and/or in a comparable industry role
- The ability to work calmly under pressure in an environment that's often measured in minutes and seconds
- Proficiency in both spoken and written English with proficiency in Mandarin preferred
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- The ability to develop and maintain sources
- A Collaborative team spirit, the drive to innovate and a strong work ethic
Life at Bloomberg is many things, but it’s never dull. We’re a truly global business with a truly diverse workforce. We pride ourselves on being open, inclusive and collaborative, and provide a work environment that inspires our employees to be their best. We offer competitive compensation, comprehensive healthcare coverage, and programs to support you and your family through different life stages, from parental leave to generous retirement savings plans.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.