Enterprise Data – Financial Data and Analytics Solutions Specialist, Hong Kong
Posted May 12, 2021 - Requisition No. 90716
Do you want to belong to an inspiring and encouraging community that’s well respected in financial markets and be part of a group directly contributing to the company’s bottom line? Keen to provide solutions and ideas to our market leading Excel Solution Library for finance professionals? Interested in combining Excel skills with business sense to build P&L impacting solutions for our clients?
The Desktop Build Group (DBG) works closely with Bloomberg’s existing and prospective clients to find solutions to business needs using Bloomberg’s API for Excel. Last year we delivered over 2500 projects to clients and our Excel solutions on the Bloomberg Terminal are used by over 120,000 financial professionals. We are a global team with colleagues based in London, New York, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo and Sydney.
What's the role?
You will use your financial market knowledge to consult our client base, helping them to develop and implement their investment strategies and research demonstrating our Excel APIs, VBA and our groundbreaking query language (BQL). You’ll directly impact our revenue by collaborating closely with our Sales Department and your solutions will be used by potentially thousands of financial market professionals.
Your role will involve full life-cycle development, from initial pitches to prospective clients, requirement gathering, prototyping, implementation, deployment and adoption.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Proactively liaise with the Sales and Product teams to build strategic relationships with clients
- Assist clients to onboard and develop their financial models on Bloomberg platform
- Maintain and support Excel models accessible via the Bloomberg Terminal
- Work closely with our Product Development and Software Engineering teams to help drive improvements to our Excel APIs
- Occasional travel may be required
Training and team support will allow you to gain:
- In depth knowledge of Bloomberg Terminal, the world's leading financial analytics platform for investment professionals, and Bloomberg APIs
- A deep understanding of financial markets and investment processes on both buy-side and sell-side
- A strong understanding of data science and Python
You’ll need to have at least 2 out of these 3 areas:
Strong Communication Skills with Sales/Clients:
- Fluency in English. Korean would be a plus
- Confidence and an ability to have highly articulate and consultative interactions with clients
- Previous experience in pitching technical / quant products / research to the clients
- IT / Risk / Finance consulting or data vendor sales background will be a plus
Strong Financial Market / Product Knowledge:
- Previous experience working in financial markets and specific knowledge in one or more asset classes (Equities, Fixed Income, Commodities, FX, etc.)
- Good understanding of financial markets and investment processes on either buy / sell-side
- CFA, technical business analyst or sell-side research background will be a plus
- Detailed knowledge in MS Excel/VBA and an ability to learn other programming languages
- Previous experience using Bloomberg Terminal or other data vendors
- A strategic mindset and proven commercial acumen which allows you to weigh up the business opportunities of a project before execution
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python, R or similar is preferred
- Experience or qualifications in Data Science is a plus
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps but in the meantime feel free to browse this:
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.