Enterprise Data - BQuant Enterprise Sales - Hong Kong
Posted Sep 28, 2021 - Requisition No. 95751
Interested in engaging with top quantitative finance experts to turn their investment ideas into reality? Keen to get exposure to the latest technology and coolest programming packages? Want to play a part in shaping a product with great revenue potential?
We work closely with Bloomberg clients to implement quantitative investment strategies and research using our Python Quant development platform - BQuant. Powered by Jupyter, our quant platform combines world-class open source Python libraries with the world's leading financial database, allowing our clients to generate unique research in quantitative finance and help them to capture alpha in a highly competitive landscape.
What’s the role?
You will use your market knowledge to consult our current or prospective clients, helping them develop and implement their quantitative investment strategies and research on BQuant. With access to the world's most comprehensive financial database, you will have the opportunity to apply advanced data science technologies to generate real world investment models. Your role will involve full life-cycle development, from initial pitches to clients, requirement gathering, prototyping, implementation, deployment and adoption. You will take on training to improve your expertise in data science, quantitative investment strategies and capital markets, gaining a deep understanding of quantitative strategies and investment knowledge across equities, fixed income, FX and commodities as well as learning open source Python technologies for advanced data visualizations, widgets and analytics.
We’ll trust you to:
- Position our quant platform to prospective clients, working with our account management team to provide thought leadership in the quantamental universe both internally and at external focus events
- Work with clients to deep dive into their investment process, coding this into an implemented strategy in BQuant
- Liaise between the client, product development teams, and software engineering to push internally for enhancements or fixes to the APIs or the platform
- Provide continued support for clients to ensure adoption
- Help develop documentation, training material, internal tools to better service quant clients
You’ll need to have:
- Expert coding skills in Python, ideally with a GitHub repo or contributions to development projects
- Experience in quantitative investment strategies or equity risk premia strategies
- Prior experience working in front office roles covering equity and fixed income asset classes
- Enjoy picking up the phone and calling people, delivering presentations, participating in events
- Strong communication skills in English and Korean, to support our Korean-speaking clients
We’d love to see:
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as R, VBA, SQL or similar
- Experience with cloud technology or machine learning applications in finance
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.