Enterprise Data - Technical Account Management Team Leader - Hong Kong
Posted Aug 3, 2021 - Requisition No. 92880
We’re Bloomberg Enterprise Data – exciting and innovative with a rapidly expanding successful business across the globe. We partner closely with our clients, taking time to understand their unique businesses and individual data and technology needs. Our endless selection of data sets, covering all asset types, with multiple delivery technologies and flexible scheduling mean our clients are able to get exactly the data they need, when they need it, in the format they prefer. Without us, they simply can’t operate.
What's the role?
We are a service focused team. Building trusted client relationships and customer satisfaction are our highest priority. In this "Player / Coach" role, you are responsible for leading, motivating and developing a regional APAC team who provide the primary technical interface into Bloomberg for some of our largest clients. We form deep, lasting relationships right from a senior level, ensuring we are the technology and data partner they turn to first to advance their business. We keep a keen eye out for opportunities as we advocate for Bloomberg within our clients as well as advocating for our clients within Bloomberg.
You'll be hands-on in driving the team to execute a variety of projects and technical enhancements to help our clients make major technology and data decisions. Under your guidance and support, the team services our clients through taking complex inquiries with the expectation that you are a point of escalation for clients and colleagues.
As part of the leadership of our APAC Enterprise Data team in the region, you'll enable our customers to gain maximum benefit from their partnership with Bloomberg by helping them gain a detailed understanding of how our products and services can solve real problems for their business.
We'll trust you to concentrate on these 5 core focus areas:
Leadership and Talent Management
- Lead from the front to develop and set the tone for the team on a variety of interactions
- Motivate the team to perform at the peak of their potential and build team spirit
- Coaching and developing team members
- Ability to give clear, constructive and actionable feedback
- Collaborate closely with other offices (Singapore/Beijing/Sydney/Tokyo/London/New York in particular) to drive projects and maintain a cross-regional operation
- Partner with the account team (Sales and Product Specialists) to identify and qualify sales opportunities
- Collaborate with Sales to maximise revenue and continue to expand our products and services to our clients
- Understand client technical priorities and objectives and map Bloomberg solutions against those requirements
- Provide inputs on proposed requirements for implementing and supporting new products based upon a thorough analysis of client feedback
- Form a comprehensive and cohesive plan in collaboration with the client for integration into target businesses across multiple regions
- Team lead the engagement, leveraging the necessary internal resources to ensure a successful delivery of the agreed solution
- Provide technical subject matter expertise across the Enterprise Data product portfolio
- Ensure a consistent, cohesive and comprehensive level of service delivery into all accounts
- Forge deep relationships across the client's technology teams within both the vertical IT and business silos (Equities, FICC, FX etc.) and horizontal functions (CTO, Architecture, Infrastructure, Sourcing etc.)
- Attain a deep and extensive understanding of your client's architecture, infrastructure and application environment
- Continually build and plan for the future, have a firm grasp of where we want to position ourselves (with the team, our clients, technology and products) and how we are going to get there
- Partner with Technical Sales to understand their individual country strategies and key focus areas within the APAC market
- Analyze areas where we are reactive and work to develop proactive approaches
- Stay up to date on client and industry technology trends to help Bloomberg continue to be best in class for service and technology
You’ll need to have:
- Energetic, focused and experience-driven leadership and motivational skills, with the ability to influence up, down and across the organization
- Excellent technical presentation skills, able to grasp and articulate new technologies and products to your team and clients
- Technical market data analysis experience and knowledge of financial market data products and their delivery
- Knowledge of enterprise technology best practices and governance within large technology-driven organizations
- Broad knowledge and experience of market data tools, reporting, entitlement and administration systems
- Knowledge of the concepts of market data compliance rules and regulations
- Awareness of software development life-cycle, trading applications and pricing data flow
- Strong communication skills and a desire to lead
We’d love to see:
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work well under pressure in a team environment
- Prior experience in coaching and people management
- Enterprise selling exposure
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/professional/solution/data-and-content/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
As Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer, please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing email@example.com.